Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for riders of all levels.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

How to make a solid chunk of wax with a soda can.

Go down 
+3
pauly4sure
ryan k.
Admin
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 447
Registration date : 2009-01-05

How to make a solid chunk of wax with a soda can. Empty
PostSubject: How to make a solid chunk of wax with a soda can.   How to make a solid chunk of wax with a soda can. I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 4:08 am

Most of you know how to wax a ledge, but if you want to get a little creative and all you have are some crayons and a handful of used candles, this how-to should help. This how to shows you how to make a solid piece of wax out of old, used bits.

How to make a solid chunk of wax with a soda can. 05-finished-product.600x450

Step 1:
You will need to scrounge up all your used wax, crayons, candles, and find a soda can and something to cut with. Begin breaking, crushing, stomping or pummeling the wax items into small pieces. Now, carefully cut off the top off the soda can and and turn your stove on to about medium/high temperature. For most stoves, the soda can should fit right inside the center of the stove.

How to make a solid chunk of wax with a soda can. 02-step-two.600x450

Step 2:
Slowly drop the pieces of wax chunks into the hot soda can (should be hot by now).

How to make a solid chunk of wax with a soda can. 01-step-one.600x450

Step 3:
Finally, take the can of hot wax and put it in your freezer for around half an hour. Once cooled, stick a hole in the bottom of the can, that way you can pull that funny shaped part off at the end, other wise the suction will make it hard. Just grab a corner of the can, with scissors, and peel it away (BE CAREFUL,THE EDGES OF THE CAN ARE VERY SHARP!)

How to make a solid chunk of wax with a soda can. 04-step-four.600x450
Back to top Go down
https://we-bmx.forumotion.com
ryan k.

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: How to make a solid chunk of wax with a soda can.   How to make a solid chunk of wax with a soda can. I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 3:42 pm

thats kind of intresting but its a good idea
Back to top Go down
pauly4sure
pauly4sure

Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: How to make a solid chunk of wax with a soda can.   How to make a solid chunk of wax with a soda can. I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 8:40 pm

thats so smart buy if u make it completley out of crayons will it come out coloured? afro jocolor pauly4sure jocolor afro
Back to top Go down
ČŠŢŘŐĻ
ČŠŢŘŐĻ

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: How to make a solid chunk of wax with a soda can.   How to make a solid chunk of wax with a soda can. I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 12:43 am

OMG im soo doing that so i can wax my rail box instead of used old peace's of small shit wax
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How to make a solid chunk of wax with a soda can.   How to make a solid chunk of wax with a soda can. I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 3:09 am

yes if you make it out of crayons it will come out colored but if you use more than one color of crayons it will come out black or purple or other colors
Back to top Go down
bmxchris256
Forum legend
bmxchris256

Number of posts : 383
Registration date : 2009-01-26

PostSubject: Re: How to make a solid chunk of wax with a soda can.   How to make a solid chunk of wax with a soda can. I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 10:00 am

haha i did this it actually works pretty goot all tho i got wax all over the stove lol
Back to top Go down
zack

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2009-02-24

PostSubject: Re: How to make a solid chunk of wax with a soda can.   How to make a solid chunk of wax with a soda can. I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 9:16 am

cyclops Hey It's a nice tutorial and all but you might want to give credit to the author when you copy and paste these tutorials.. to the real webmx.com lol
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How to make a solid chunk of wax with a soda can.   How to make a solid chunk of wax with a soda can. I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 10:51 am

Yeah ive done this before but i was to lazy to go looking for my crayons and take pictures so i just googled it lol. His way doesnt work as well as mine though. His way is messy and kitchen scissors work very well.
Back to top Go down
pauly4sure
pauly4sure

Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: How to make a solid chunk of wax with a soda can.   How to make a solid chunk of wax with a soda can. I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 7:39 am

i done this using a can from a soda and a lava lamp it worked great Razz lava lams are easy 2 use and they do the same job Smile
Back to top Go down
lazaro36
lazaro36

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2009-05-03

PostSubject: Re: How to make a solid chunk of wax with a soda can.   How to make a solid chunk of wax with a soda can. I_icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 8:24 am

how do you use a lava lamp?
Back to top Go down
bmxchris256
Forum legend
bmxchris256

Number of posts : 383
Registration date : 2009-01-26

PostSubject: Re: How to make a solid chunk of wax with a soda can.   How to make a solid chunk of wax with a soda can. I_icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 12:06 pm

lazaro36 wrote:
how do you use a lava lamp?
you plug it in and turn it on tongue
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to make a solid chunk of wax with a soda can.   How to make a solid chunk of wax with a soda can. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How to make a solid chunk of wax with a soda can.
Page 1 of 1