Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for riders of all levels.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

New to BMXing is the fit str 3 right for me?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Bonsai006

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2009-03-16

New to BMXing is the fit str 3 right for me? Empty
PostSubject: New to BMXing is the fit str 3 right for me?   New to BMXing is the fit str 3 right for me? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 1:32 am

Hey I just wanted to ask a quick question, I'm going to be buying a BMX bike soon, I own a few mountain bikes and know how to bike. I don't want a begginer bike, because it's a waste of time trying to upgrade that (I know from mountain biking) I know that it's breakless, I was just wondering how breakless would play out for someone new to BMXing.

Edit** Price isn't very much of an object as long as it's not over $750
Back to top Go down
Vistagecko
Forum legend
Vistagecko

Number of posts : 395
Registration date : 2009-02-12

PostSubject: Re: New to BMXing is the fit str 3 right for me?   New to BMXing is the fit str 3 right for me? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 1:48 am

The fit STR 3 is nice bike. I'm actually thinking of getting one this summer. If you are trying to keep it under $750, you could get the Fit STR signature instead. It's a little lighter and a whole lot more durable. It's just overall a nicer bike. Don't get me wrong, the STR 3 is nothing to sneeze at.
Back to top Go down
https://we-bmx.forumotion.com/forum.htm
Bonsai006

PostSubject: Re: New to BMXing is the fit str 3 right for me?   New to BMXing is the fit str 3 right for me? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 2:16 am

Does that bike have breaks?
Back to top Go down
powwying
powwying

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2009-03-12

PostSubject: Re: New to BMXing is the fit str 3 right for me?   New to BMXing is the fit str 3 right for me? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 2:21 am

check out the list of Fit Bike and their specs on DansComp

link:
http://www.danscomp.com/products.php?cat=BIKES&show=FIT

The STR's don't have brake but if you want a simple back brake; straight cable, take a look at the TRL's, I like both the TRL 3, and the TRL signature.
Back to top Go down
Bonsai006

PostSubject: Re: New to BMXing is the fit str 3 right for me?   New to BMXing is the fit str 3 right for me? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 2:23 am

I don't even know if I want brakes or not, lol. My buddy has breakless and it's fun... But for a begginer would it be something I need to have?
Back to top Go down
powwying
powwying

PostSubject: Re: New to BMXing is the fit str 3 right for me?   New to BMXing is the fit str 3 right for me? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 2:36 am

I personally like having a rear brake/straight cable. You may like it too or you may like brakeless, but with the STR there's no brake mounts, so if you do decide to put brakes later, you can't. But the TRL, if you decide to take the brakes off, it's a simple brake removal process. and I'm pretty sure the frames and specs are the same. On DansComp, the TRL 3 is $20 more than the STR 3 though, but nothing too big I hope.

In my opinion, for beginners, I recommend having a brake.
Back to top Go down
Vistagecko
Forum legend
Vistagecko

PostSubject: Re: New to BMXing is the fit str 3 right for me?   New to BMXing is the fit str 3 right for me? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 3:24 am

Hate to post a question in someone else's topic but, if there's no brake mounts on the STR series, why do they come with a full brake setup? (Calipers, pads, cable, lever...) Is there a way to put brakes on it right or, do you have to ghetto rig it with zip ties?
Back to top Go down
Bonsai006

PostSubject: Re: New to BMXing is the fit str 3 right for me?   New to BMXing is the fit str 3 right for me? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 3:39 am

Whats the difference between the TRL and the STR ?
Back to top Go down
Vistagecko
Forum legend
Vistagecko

PostSubject: Re: New to BMXing is the fit str 3 right for me?   New to BMXing is the fit str 3 right for me? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 4:21 am

Bonsai006 wrote:
Whats the difference between the TRL and the STR ?

The TRL has brakes for one. And the TRL is also a pound or so heavier than the STR, depending on the model you choose. Different tires, TRL has metal pedals the STR is plastic, $10 price difference. Not much really, just the break issue, and maybe tires.
Back to top Go down
Bonsai006

PostSubject: Re: New to BMXing is the fit str 3 right for me?   New to BMXing is the fit str 3 right for me? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 4:33 am

I'm trying to decide which bike I want to buy..
Back to top Go down
Vistagecko
Forum legend
Vistagecko

PostSubject: Re: New to BMXing is the fit str 3 right for me?   New to BMXing is the fit str 3 right for me? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 4:39 am

I have these bikes up at my local bike shop. I went up there about an hour ago, and I was liking the TRL 1. I rode the STR, and it was a nice ride, but the brakeless thing made me kinda worried. I also liked the dry finished paint on the TRL better than the shiny STR paint. I'm planning on getting a new bike this summer, and am most likely getting the TRL 1. Good luck with your new bike.
Back to top Go down
powwying
powwying

PostSubject: Re: New to BMXing is the fit str 3 right for me?   New to BMXing is the fit str 3 right for me? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 4:52 am

Just yesterday I went to a local bike shop and they had the TRL 3, TRL Signature, and the STR Signature, and some of the other TRL's and StR's. The rear tires on the TRL's and STR's were almost identical if not the same one, The were street style tires, slick had directional treads, really normalish v-shape tread design. I think tires were rated at 110 psi, front and back; not 100% sure on that but from memory, that's what i can remember. Also, the rear tires from the TRL 3 was a 1.95, the STR's rear, I'm not sure, I assume they're the same.
As for the front tire, the TRL's had bigger treads, more spread out treads while the STR's had the same slicker tire like the rear, both front tires were bigger in size.

...oh yeah, the brake that DansComp gives... I have no real idea how that would work, I think it's more of a liability issue, so the brake's given when purchased.

comparing specs of STR's and TRL's from DansComp:

Fit STR signature - 25 lbs 20.75 top tube
Fit TRL signature - 25 lbs, 20.75 top tube

Fit STR 3 - 25.5 lbs, 20.5 tt
Fit TRL 3 - 25.5 lbs, 20.5 tt

Fit STR 2 - 26.7 lbs, 20.5 tt
Fit TRL 2 - 26.2 lbs, 20.5 tt

Fit STR 1 - 26.4 lbs, 20 tt
Fit TRL1 - 26.7 lbs, 20 tt
Back to top Go down
powwying
powwying

PostSubject: Re: New to BMXing is the fit str 3 right for me?   New to BMXing is the fit str 3 right for me? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 4:56 am

Do you have a budget on buying a BMX bike?
Back to top Go down
Bonsai006

PostSubject: Re: New to BMXing is the fit str 3 right for me?   New to BMXing is the fit str 3 right for me? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 5:14 am

Me? I'm only spending 650 with taxes max on this BMX. BMX bikes are very cheap... seeing as I have a two mountain bikes, the one I use is like $1800 new... so yeah I guess I have the budget. Lol.

It's either the TRL 3, or STR 3.. I'm leaning more towards the TRL 3 though.
Back to top Go down
powwying
powwying

PostSubject: Re: New to BMXing is the fit str 3 right for me?   New to BMXing is the fit str 3 right for me? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 5:24 am

Yeah, that's a pretty good budget for a nice complete BMX, compared to other bikes. Smile

Yeah, I like the TRL 3 too, I would buy it if I didn't alredy have mine and were to just beginning to get into BMX, they didn't have bikes like these a few years back...haha, I'm proud of the BMX industry for improving so much these past years.

GO FOR THE TRL!
Back to top Go down
Bonsai006

PostSubject: Re: New to BMXing is the fit str 3 right for me?   New to BMXing is the fit str 3 right for me? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 6:56 am

Will do! Thanks so much for the input, I will be buying it the first week of april.
Back to top Go down
BMX.Jarrod
BMX.Jarrod

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2009-03-28

PostSubject: Re: New to BMXing is the fit str 3 right for me?   New to BMXing is the fit str 3 right for me? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 9:43 pm

dont know. if ur just beginning get a fit trl 1 or a haro forum intro lite
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New to BMXing is the fit str 3 right for me?   New to BMXing is the fit str 3 right for me? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New to BMXing is the fit str 3 right for me?
Page 1 of 1