Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for riders of all levels.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

How to tailwhip?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Vistagecko
Forum legend
Vistagecko

Number of posts : 395
Registration date : 2009-02-12

How to tailwhip? Empty
PostSubject: How to tailwhip?   How to tailwhip? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 4:44 am

I've been screwing around the past few days trying to do a tailwhip. I can't seem to get it. Does anyone know how to do one, and if so can you please post a "How to"?
Back to top Go down
https://we-bmx.forumotion.com/forum.htm
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 447
Registration date : 2009-01-05

How to tailwhip? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to tailwhip?   How to tailwhip? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 4:49 am

ok well i think what we should do is sticky all the how tos so the asking ones can go below. Ok anyways i dont have these down just yet because they are freaking hard.

Anyways you hit the ramp and kick the bike out with your feet while making a circle motion with your hands and keep your weight over the bars and then catch it with your feet. Its really hard though you might get the rotation but not the feet back on.
Back to top Go down
https://we-bmx.forumotion.com
Vistagecko
Forum legend
Vistagecko

Number of posts : 395
Registration date : 2009-02-12

How to tailwhip? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to tailwhip?   How to tailwhip? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 4:50 am

Yeah I've got the rotation down fine. I just can't get back on lol. Can anybody do these?
Back to top Go down
https://we-bmx.forumotion.com/forum.htm
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 447
Registration date : 2009-01-05

How to tailwhip? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to tailwhip?   How to tailwhip? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 4:57 am

ok keep your feet in control by kicking your kicking foot with your opposite foot so when it comes around your not all sprawled out.
Back to top Go down
https://we-bmx.forumotion.com
bmxchris256
Forum legend
bmxchris256

Number of posts : 383
Registration date : 2009-01-26

How to tailwhip? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to tailwhip?   How to tailwhip? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 10:03 am

Whenever u kick don't kick off ur pedals kinda kick off ur frame like on ur seatpost tube right above ur pedal stay above ur bike and move ur arms in a circle and watch ur pedals the hole way around....when ur just learning them just try to get ur inside foot on once u can get ur inside foot on then work on getting ur other foot on
Back to top Go down
murderedoutkink
murderedoutkink

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2009-01-22

How to tailwhip? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to tailwhip?   How to tailwhip? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 11:48 am

You must be able to bunnyhop VERY well to land this. Id say at least stem height.
Also its important to use your upperbody to manhandle the bike around back under you and to pull yourself down onto the pedals. Practice them out of a quarter or something if you can.
Chris also points out its important to kick it on the frame kind of by the seat post. Its much easier to whip it around with that leverage.
Back to top Go down
NigelThornberry
NigelThornberry

Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2009-01-19

How to tailwhip? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to tailwhip?   How to tailwhip? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 7:10 am

Another thing is you need to keep the bike "underneath" you, and not way over your head.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

How to tailwhip? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to tailwhip?   How to tailwhip? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How to tailwhip?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: BMX Central :: How to's-
Jump to: