Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for riders of all levels.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Looking for a striaght up flatland bike.

Go down 
+2
Admin
Tmcrez
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Tmcrez

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-04-06

Looking for a striaght up flatland bike. Empty
PostSubject: Looking for a striaght up flatland bike.   Looking for a striaght up flatland bike. I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 6:06 am

Want to get into flatland bad and I am having trouble finding a bike that's right for me. I'm 5'10'' and 160 pounds. I only want to ride flatland. Any suggestions would help. Price is not that big of an issue. I also want front and rear brakes. Thanks in advance for your responses.
Back to top Go down
Tmcrez

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a striaght up flatland bike.   Looking for a striaght up flatland bike. I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 6:12 am

Thinking of "We the people Arcade" 18 inch
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 447
Registration date : 2009-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a striaght up flatland bike.   Looking for a striaght up flatland bike. I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 6:31 am

Oh no no no thats a very small bike and not good for your size. There are a couple options for you. Most companies dont make complete flatland bikes. What you can do though is just find a basic bike like a kink or verde or whatever and build up on it later when you start progressing. Flatland is really hard though and its going to take alot of practice and determination though.
Im not really the flatland expert around here though I can just do a couple flatland tricks. However we do have a flatland expert on here his name is westcoast flatlander and he has made some how tos in the how to section. So if you want you can take a look at some of the posts he has written and get an idea of some flatland aspects. Also wanted to say welcome to the forum and i hope you find the help your looking for.
Back to top Go down
https://we-bmx.forumotion.com
poizone
poizone

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2009-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a striaght up flatland bike.   Looking for a striaght up flatland bike. I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 6:57 am

A flatland bike is usually going to seem short for your size. An 18" frame is usually what flatlanders ride. It's easier to rotate and control a bike with a smaller footprint.
Back to top Go down
Tmcrez

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a striaght up flatland bike.   Looking for a striaght up flatland bike. I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 7:03 am

That's what I've been reading. I'm trying to get as much information as I can. I rode when I was younger and got away from it. I'm looking for something new and challenging and I'm pretty sure I'm gonna get hooked.
Back to top Go down
Vistagecko
Forum legend
Vistagecko

Number of posts : 395

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a striaght up flatland bike.   Looking for a striaght up flatland bike. I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 7:30 am

Well as Poizone said, 18in. bikes are the standard flatland size. As for the "We the People Arcade" that is not a flatland bike. Send Westcoastflatlander a PM, or e-mail and see if he can point you in the right direction.

Oh yeah, Welcome to We-bmx. Enjoy your stay.
Back to top Go down
https://we-bmx.forumotion.com/forum.htm
Tmcrez

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a striaght up flatland bike.   Looking for a striaght up flatland bike. I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 7:39 am

Thanks guys. . . . I PMed westcoastflatlander and am waiting for a response from him. Glad to be part of a very welcoming site.
Back to top Go down
bmxchris256
Forum legend
bmxchris256

Number of posts : 383
Registration date : 2009-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a striaght up flatland bike.   Looking for a striaght up flatland bike. I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 11:59 am

i think dans comp has a couple flatland frames you could look there
Back to top Go down
Vistagecko
Forum legend
Vistagecko

Number of posts : 395

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a striaght up flatland bike.   Looking for a striaght up flatland bike. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 8:48 am

Dk flatland bike. I knew I remembered seeing one.
Back to top Go down
https://we-bmx.forumotion.com/forum.htm
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 447
Registration date : 2009-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a striaght up flatland bike.   Looking for a striaght up flatland bike. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 8:54 am

Nice find vista
Back to top Go down
https://we-bmx.forumotion.com
WestCoastFlatlander
WestCoastFlatlander

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2009-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a striaght up flatland bike.   Looking for a striaght up flatland bike. I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 1:19 am

Hey Chuck Smile I replied to your PM, sorry for the delay. I forgot to mention the DK Opsis in my PM, however, well done to Vista for picking up on that one. The Opsis is probably the best beginners bike on the market at the moment, and you can't fault the price, but if you're gonna get serious about Flatland, the other two bikes I mentioned in my PM are well worth the extra $$, as they are made up of better quality parts, and the frames are more 'Flatland looking'. lol

Post up some pics of some of the tricks you can do, bro. And I gotta say, it's good to see another Flatlander in here Smile lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a striaght up flatland bike.   Looking for a striaght up flatland bike. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Looking for a striaght up flatland bike.
Page 1 of 1