Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for riders of all levels.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Is this a good bike for me? Dirt.

Go down 
+2
poizone
cody200694
6 posters
AuthorMessage
cody200694

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2009-03-30

Is this a good bike for me? Dirt. Empty
PostSubject: Is this a good bike for me? Dirt.   Is this a good bike for me? Dirt. I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 6:46 am

I was into street but there was no where to actualy go because of the skaters. So i started going to a local place in the woods with dirt jumps. And i can nail all of them and i currently have a gt compe 2008. Its a race bike but its heavy. So i wanted to get a new bike. The reason i picked this was for the weight, price, and colors. So do you think this is a good bike? And if you have any other bikes to suggest would be good just post pictures or links. Thanks.

http://www.danscomp.com/101119.php?cat=BIKES DK SIklon 2009. (also is it pronounced cyclone or like sick-lon. Im confused about that.)
Back to top Go down
poizone
poizone

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2009-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Is this a good bike for me? Dirt.   Is this a good bike for me? Dirt. I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 6:55 am

No. Save your money and go for a Fit TRL1 or something better.
Back to top Go down
Brendan
Brendan

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2009-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Is this a good bike for me? Dirt.   Is this a good bike for me? Dirt. I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 6:59 am

yeah defiantly don't get that.
1. DK blows for the most part.
2. It has a massive sprocket, which could end up bad.
3. There are alot better bikes like the Fit TRL1
Back to top Go down
Vistagecko
Forum legend
Vistagecko

Number of posts : 395

PostSubject: Re: Is this a good bike for me? Dirt.   Is this a good bike for me? Dirt. I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 7:43 am

As others have suggested the FIT TRL 1 is an excellent choice. I would also recommend the Eastern Ramrodder.
Back to top Go down
https://we-bmx.forumotion.com/forum.htm
bmxchris256
Forum legend
bmxchris256

Number of posts : 383
Registration date : 2009-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Is this a good bike for me? Dirt.   Is this a good bike for me? Dirt. I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 12:14 am

http://www.danscomp.com/101974.php?cat=BIKES

right there is the beauty you want for dirt i rode it once some kid had it up at my trails and it handles real good all the parts on it are pretty much beast its light and how could you go wrong with that red
Back to top Go down
Vistagecko
Forum legend
Vistagecko

PostSubject: Re: Is this a good bike for me? Dirt.   Is this a good bike for me? Dirt. I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 5:32 am

How many people have $670 laying around to buy a stock bike? Do the fact that we are in a recession, I'd say not many. The first bike he posted was $230, I'm pretty sure that was or around his price range.

Come on, a little common sense.
Back to top Go down
bmxchris256
Forum legend
bmxchris256

PostSubject: Re: Is this a good bike for me? Dirt.   Is this a good bike for me? Dirt. I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 6:01 am

Yeah...but most people end up spending more than 600$ on a bike any ways so y not just save up a little more and buy a bike that will last allot longer with stalk parts.....
Back to top Go down
Vistagecko
Forum legend
Vistagecko

PostSubject: Re: Is this a good bike for me? Dirt.   Is this a good bike for me? Dirt. I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 7:00 am

Stalk? Stalk or corn? Stalk as in the act of stalking? Oh you meant stock. My bad.

True most people end up putting about $600 into their bikes. The main reason being that they didn't have $600 at once to buy a complete bike.
Back to top Go down
bmxchris256
Forum legend
bmxchris256

PostSubject: Re: Is this a good bike for me? Dirt.   Is this a good bike for me? Dirt. I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 7:10 am

sorry for the miss spelling....thats what im saying why not save up and buy a bike like that
Back to top Go down
poizone
poizone

PostSubject: Re: Is this a good bike for me? Dirt.   Is this a good bike for me? Dirt. I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 7:13 am

I'd much rather go the route Gecko did and get a cheap complete. He got a cheap cheap though. Now it's a 22.3lb beast.
Back to top Go down
bmxchris256
Forum legend
bmxchris256

PostSubject: Re: Is this a good bike for me? Dirt.   Is this a good bike for me? Dirt. I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 7:16 am

what kind of bike did he have first?
Back to top Go down
Vistagecko
Forum legend
Vistagecko

PostSubject: Re: Is this a good bike for me? Dirt.   Is this a good bike for me? Dirt. I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 9:18 am

DK step up. A 28lb monster or shitty engineering. Whenever it was riden, the world lost 300 years of progress.
Back to top Go down
bmxchris256
Forum legend
bmxchris256

PostSubject: Re: Is this a good bike for me? Dirt.   Is this a good bike for me? Dirt. I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 11:13 am

Vistagecko wrote:
DK step up. A 28lb monster or shitty engineering. Whenever it was riden, the world lost 300 years of progress.
all DKs suck in my opinion...28lbs isent that heavy
Back to top Go down
cody200694

PostSubject: Re: Is this a good bike for me? Dirt.   Is this a good bike for me? Dirt. I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 5:21 am

ok ok, im not that rich but ok. anyways i was also thinking the verde vex? https://www.danscomp.com/101499.php i thought the dark red and black were pretty cool. the purple aint bad but not my color. Anyways how about that bike? I like the sprocket. And one more question, what the hell are 2-pc bars..?
Back to top Go down
poizone
poizone

PostSubject: Re: Is this a good bike for me? Dirt.   Is this a good bike for me? Dirt. I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 10:49 am

The frame is much more likely to break because of the hi-tensile steel. Chromoly, even on only one tube decreases weight and increases strength. It's a little pricier because of the chromium and molybdenum in it, but its completely worth it.
Back to top Go down
cody200694

PostSubject: Re: Is this a good bike for me? Dirt.   Is this a good bike for me? Dirt. I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 11:10 am

so the verde vex would be an ok bike just for cruising around and dirt jumps?
Back to top Go down
Vistagecko
Forum legend
Vistagecko

PostSubject: Re: Is this a good bike for me? Dirt.   Is this a good bike for me? Dirt. I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 12:24 pm

The Vex seems like a good bike. As poizone pointed out, the Hi-ten frame is bad. But the sealed BB, integrated heatube, and forks with integrated bearing race, is good. I also really like the color options. Not many companies offer colored rims in several colors, and if they do, they wont sell the bike for $350.

I'd say get it. It's a nice bike, and even nicer for the price.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 447
Registration date : 2009-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Is this a good bike for me? Dirt.   Is this a good bike for me? Dirt. I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 12:31 pm

Plus you will be riding dirt so you shouldnt be taking hard slams like in street. So yeah it will get the job done and look nice.
Back to top Go down
https://we-bmx.forumotion.com
bmxchris256
Forum legend
bmxchris256

PostSubject: Re: Is this a good bike for me? Dirt.   Is this a good bike for me? Dirt. I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 2:26 pm

Admin wrote:
Plus you will be riding dirt so you shouldnt be taking hard slams like in street. So yeah it will get the job done and look nice.
WTF you take way harder slams in dirt
Back to top Go down
Vistagecko
Forum legend
Vistagecko

PostSubject: Re: Is this a good bike for me? Dirt.   Is this a good bike for me? Dirt. I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 9:34 pm

Concrete v.s. loose dirt. I'll take a wreck in dirt any day, over a hard fall on concrete.
Back to top Go down
bmxchris256
Forum legend
bmxchris256

PostSubject: Re: Is this a good bike for me? Dirt.   Is this a good bike for me? Dirt. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 2:12 am

Haha you riding some shit trails if ur riding on lose dirt...if there good trails there hard as fuck pretty much cement...dirt you go way higher farther and faster...dirt will snap forks bend bars and fuck up rims when you fall
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 447
Registration date : 2009-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Is this a good bike for me? Dirt.   Is this a good bike for me? Dirt. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 11:22 am

yeah but im pretty sure he wont be bombing dirt jumps and slamming onto flat which is basically my point.
Back to top Go down
https://we-bmx.forumotion.com
bmxchris256
Forum legend
bmxchris256

PostSubject: Re: Is this a good bike for me? Dirt.   Is this a good bike for me? Dirt. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 11:33 am

Admin wrote:
yeah but im pretty sure he wont be bombing dirt jumps and slamming onto flat which is basically my point.
well yeah i know no one trys to case or over shoot jumps but sometimes stuff happens and you take a hard slam
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is this a good bike for me? Dirt.   Is this a good bike for me? Dirt. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is this a good bike for me? Dirt.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: BMX Central :: Bike Tech-
Jump to: