Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for riders of all levels.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

This damn sprocket!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Vistagecko
Forum legend
Vistagecko

Number of posts : 395
Registration date : 2009-02-12

This damn sprocket! Empty
PostSubject: This damn sprocket!   This damn sprocket! I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 9:04 am

I bought a used DK general lee to build a decent bike up for Poizone. The guy threw in this 3 pc crank, and I cannot get it apart to save my life. Here are some pictures. Please help me get this damn thing apart. The last thing I need is more half assembled bikes in my garage.

This damn sprocket! GneralLeesprocket001This damn sprocket! GneralLeesprocket002This damn sprocket! GneralLeesprocket003
Back to top Go down
https://we-bmx.forumotion.com/forum.htm
murderedoutkink
murderedoutkink

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2009-01-22

PostSubject: Re: This damn sprocket!   This damn sprocket! I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 10:22 am

vise. 5lb hammer. done. if that doesnt work. spray some pb blaster on it wait 10 minutes then try again.
Back to top Go down
Vistagecko
Forum legend
Vistagecko

PostSubject: Re: This damn sprocket!   This damn sprocket! I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 10:35 am

I wasn't sure if there was some hidden bolt or not. So just hammer the bitch off?
Back to top Go down
bmxchris256
Forum legend
bmxchris256

Number of posts : 383
Registration date : 2009-01-26

PostSubject: Re: This damn sprocket!   This damn sprocket! I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 10:47 am

thoes look like unsealed cranks right?...if so take a flat head screw driver and there should be some toches on the thing that holds the sprocket in place just stick the screwdriver in the notches and hit it a few times with a hammer then that screw should come lose.....and thoes look like some cheap race cranks
Back to top Go down
Vistagecko
Forum legend
Vistagecko

PostSubject: Re: This damn sprocket!   This damn sprocket! I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 10:56 am

They are indeed cheap, rusty, old, 5 lb race cranks. Poizone needs something a little better to ride than his shitty walmart bike until he can afford his STR 1 in July. But yeah thanks, I'll try the flat head idea tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This damn sprocket!   This damn sprocket! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

This damn sprocket!
Page 1 of 1