Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for riders of all levels.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Code of conduct?

Go down 
+2
Admin
Vistagecko
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Vistagecko
Forum legend
Vistagecko

Number of posts : 395
Registration date : 2009-02-12

Code of conduct? Empty
PostSubject: Code of conduct?   Code of conduct? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 9:52 am

As I was looking around, besides the initial site-user agreement, there is no written rules I can find. If I'm just blind and looked right past it, forgive me.

If this is somehow useful I would design one based off of the following websites'
Example

A posted Code of Conduct promotes a more civilized user based community.
Back to top Go down
https://we-bmx.forumotion.com/forum.htm
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 447
Registration date : 2009-01-05

Code of conduct? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Code of conduct?   Code of conduct? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 9:59 am

Yeah thanks i will get around to it but im focused on getting members at the moment lol.
Back to top Go down
https://we-bmx.forumotion.com
Vistagecko
Forum legend
Vistagecko

Code of conduct? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Code of conduct?   Code of conduct? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 9:51 am

I would like to update this topic with a few more suggestions. Although I am still dying for a code of conduct, we have bigger priorities.

First of all, I would like to suggest a contributor rank. Achieving contributor status, shows a great accomplishment among the community, while obtaining respect of the community. As a contributor a user would have a different color name, showing their outstanding contributions, yet they have no moderation powers. To be accepted into the contributor group, a user would have to meet a secret list of requirements, selected and created by the moderation team.

A classifieds section:

Danscomp is great, but some users, are just looking for nice little replacement parts cheap. In the classifieds section a user would provide a description of the item(s) they are selling, and include any items they are looking to buy/trade for. A user is encouraged to show their e-bay feedback (if applicable) to show their reliablity. Any other site feedback or members that can vouch for other members credibility would help sales threads.

A Classifieds section would also attract new memebers. If a user were joining this site they would see a helpful, informative community, but also a cheap source of supplies. The classifieds section will start out weak, as we only have 40 or so memebers, but it will gradually grow as we get more members because of it. A new mmeber might join up just to post a 'want to buy thread'. Eventually sticking around, after a successful transaction.

Payment methods can vary depending on the seller. Paypal is the safest most secure but money orders, and cash would be accepted payment types.

Part review section:

I would like a part review section or at least a child forum. Following the format of this fantastic review. Props Nigel, it was very informative. A clean format and a complete reveiw with pictures is encouraged.

That is all for now, I may update this with further requests.
Back to top Go down
dareck

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2009-02-08

Code of conduct? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Code of conduct?   Code of conduct? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 10:02 am

you do not run this site admin does these are his Decisions
Back to top Go down
Vistagecko
Forum legend
Vistagecko

Code of conduct? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Code of conduct?   Code of conduct? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 10:05 am

dareck wrote:
you do not run this site admin does these are his Decisions

Dareck, I'm tired of arguing with you. If you have a problem with me, take it up over PM, and stop acting like a child. This is the suggestions section. And these are all suggestions to improve upon the site. You know, the overall goal.
Back to top Go down
Steez

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2009-02-21

Code of conduct? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Code of conduct?   Code of conduct? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 10:45 am

i like the classified section
cause i dont really want to shell out big bucks for parts
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 447
Registration date : 2009-01-05

Code of conduct? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Code of conduct?   Code of conduct? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 11:17 am

^^^yeah vistageckos suggestions are usually always a good ideal.
Back to top Go down
https://we-bmx.forumotion.com
Nazsh
Nazsh

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2009-03-07

Code of conduct? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Code of conduct?   Code of conduct? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 5:31 am

It doesn't matter if Admin runs the site, Vistagecko is still a Moderator which like Admin's assistant. All Vistagecko is trying to do is help make the site better and your just denying everything he posts because he thought of it before you.
Back to top Go down
poizone
poizone

Number of posts : 107

Code of conduct? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Code of conduct?   Code of conduct? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 8:20 am

Hey, just a thought here on contributors.

Why not make it like other sites contributor or 'special' status and give the power to delete and move your own posts. That would be a nice little bonus for anyone who becomes one.

And I like the ability
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Code of conduct? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Code of conduct?   Code of conduct? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Code of conduct?
Page 1 of 1