Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for riders of all levels.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

BMX, gone wrong.

Go down 
+4
bmxchris256
Nazsh
Admin
Vistagecko
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Vistagecko
Forum legend
Vistagecko

Number of posts : 395
Registration date : 2009-02-12

BMX, gone wrong. Empty
PostSubject: BMX, gone wrong.   BMX, gone wrong. I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 10:48 am

I was riding the other day for the first time since November/December ish. Winter blows in Ohio. Anyway, I had pretty bad crash in November. I was going down a steep hill, probably around 35-40 mph. A car was coming up behind me going faster, so being as polite as I am, I decided to move to the sidewalk. I had a really bald back tire at the time, and was pretty low on air, and when I went to bunny hop up to the curb, my back tire slipped, and I was done. I started to slide on my right side for about 45-50 ft. It was pretty bad. I had some really bad roadrash on my right leg, and both my arms.

Anyway, when I went down, I slightly bent my handlebars. Up until now, I hadn't noticed. So after a few days of riding, it dramatically worsened. Here are my bars now. BMX, gone wrong. Dkstepup

So, the point of this thread is to-
A. Show broken parts of your bike, due to a trick gone wrong.
B. Show your scars/boo-boos, if any.
C. Tell your 'scars' stories, if not of yourself, of your bike.

So this is basically our personal episode of MTV's Scars. But for bikes as well. And there are usually no scars, because bike parts are replacable. What was I saying again?

So anyway, post them up.
Back to top Go down
https://we-bmx.forumotion.com/forum.htm
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 447
Registration date : 2009-01-05

BMX, gone wrong. Empty
PostSubject: Re: BMX, gone wrong.   BMX, gone wrong. I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 11:23 am

I have a story.

One day me and my friends were out riding and we found this really nice bank and i was learning fastplants on it. So we are all on one side waiting to go and i thought i would be funny if i yelled go big or go home. So i did and then i went up and did the fastplant and when i came down my bars turned and i smacked my head on the ground. Then to top it off my friends said i went big but now i had to go home so i had a good laugh and a really bad headache.
Back to top Go down
https://we-bmx.forumotion.com
Nazsh
Nazsh

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2009-03-07

BMX, gone wrong. Empty
PostSubject: Re: BMX, gone wrong.   BMX, gone wrong. I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 9:25 am

Haha, Theres some nasty shit on MTV Scars.
Anyways I'm just getting into biking and will probably have some stories later on.
Back to top Go down
bmxchris256
Forum legend
bmxchris256

Number of posts : 383
Registration date : 2009-01-26

BMX, gone wrong. Empty
PostSubject: Re: BMX, gone wrong.   BMX, gone wrong. I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 11:51 am

Admin wrote:
I have a story.

One day me and my friends were out riding and we found this really nice bank and i was learning fastplants on it. So we are all on one side waiting to go and i thought i would be funny if i yelled go big or go home. So i did and then i went up and did the fastplant and when i came down my bars turned and i smacked my head on the ground. Then to top it off my friends said i went big but now i had to go home so i had a good laugh and a really bad headache.

Bet if u woulda had a helmet on u woulda had no headach and wouldent of had to go home
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

BMX, gone wrong. Empty
PostSubject: Re: BMX, gone wrong.   BMX, gone wrong. I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 12:10 pm

no thanks i dont think a helmet was necessary.
Back to top Go down
bmxchris256
Forum legend
bmxchris256

BMX, gone wrong. Empty
PostSubject: Re: BMX, gone wrong.   BMX, gone wrong. I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 3:38 am

Admin wrote:
no thanks i dont think a helmet was necessary.
helmets are always necessary
Back to top Go down
Vistagecko
Forum legend
Vistagecko

BMX, gone wrong. Empty
PostSubject: Re: BMX, gone wrong.   BMX, gone wrong. I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 4:29 am

bmxchris256 wrote:

Bet if u woulda had a helmet on u woulda had no headach and wouldent of had to go home

I'm sorry but, what the hell are you talking about?
Back to top Go down
bmxchris256
Forum legend
bmxchris256

BMX, gone wrong. Empty
PostSubject: Re: BMX, gone wrong.   BMX, gone wrong. I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 5:31 am

Vistagecko wrote:
bmxchris256 wrote:

I'm sorry but, what the hell are you talking about?
???
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

BMX, gone wrong. Empty
PostSubject: Re: BMX, gone wrong.   BMX, gone wrong. I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 9:19 am

in my story i went big then hit my head and had to go home. If i would have been wearing a helmet i wouldn't have too
Back to top Go down
bmxchris256
Forum legend
bmxchris256

BMX, gone wrong. Empty
PostSubject: Re: BMX, gone wrong.   BMX, gone wrong. I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 9:34 am

Admin wrote:
in my story i went big then hit my head and had to go home. If i would have been wearing a helmet i wouldn't have too
thats what i was saying
Back to top Go down
Vistagecko
Forum legend
Vistagecko

BMX, gone wrong. Empty
PostSubject: Re: BMX, gone wrong.   BMX, gone wrong. I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 9:35 am

My post was a rhetorical question. I was pointing out his horrible use of grammar and misspelling of words. Lets get this topic back on track. Only post if you have a story, or are replying to a story.
Back to top Go down
poizone
poizone

Number of posts : 107

BMX, gone wrong. Empty
PostSubject: Re: BMX, gone wrong.   BMX, gone wrong. I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 10:58 am

I just got my arm scraped up pretty bad. And knee. Did I mention the other knee? And my chest hurts from a previous incident.

Knowing that the stoners and smokers at the skatepark today won't remember: Priceless.
Back to top Go down
MarauderdOutFBM
MarauderdOutFBM

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2009-02-13

BMX, gone wrong. Empty
PostSubject: Re: BMX, gone wrong.   BMX, gone wrong. I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 8:45 am

yesterday i was practicing footjam tailwhips....i go and try one, i loose balance so i put my kicking foot down, so the frame came around and i thought it would be fun to practice catching on the pedals. well i too my jamming foot off too early and did a face plant.. my wrist and handle bars took all the impact....it wasnt fun..
Back to top Go down
Brendan
Brendan

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2009-04-07

BMX, gone wrong. Empty
PostSubject: Re: BMX, gone wrong.   BMX, gone wrong. I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 10:41 am

ok so I was at woodward (east) on the small dirt and some moron in my cabin said "hey Let's train the small dirt." I agreed not knowing he could barely ride a bike.
He goes over the first few jumps ok, then he falls at the lip of one jump and rode/ fell over him and got my bars jammed into my chest and had a massive bruise on my ribs for a few months
Back to top Go down
Vistagecko
Forum legend
Vistagecko

BMX, gone wrong. Empty
PostSubject: Re: BMX, gone wrong.   BMX, gone wrong. I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 11:58 am

Ouch! A kid at my local skatepark had that happen to him. A little different scenario though. He crashed into a skater in the middle of a barspin, and his bars pierced his intestines. He died 4 hours later in the emergency room. You're lucky all you got was a bruise.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

BMX, gone wrong. Empty
PostSubject: Re: BMX, gone wrong.   BMX, gone wrong. I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 12:24 pm

^ wtf thanks for scarring the life out of me!
Back to top Go down
bmxchris256
Forum legend
bmxchris256

BMX, gone wrong. Empty
PostSubject: Re: BMX, gone wrong.   BMX, gone wrong. I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 12:33 pm

Brendan wrote:
ok so I was at woodward (east) on the small dirt and some moron in my cabin said "hey Let's train the small dirt." I agreed not knowing he could barely ride a bike.
He goes over the first few jumps ok, then he falls at the lip of one jump and rode/ fell over him and got my bars jammed into my chest and had a massive bruise on my ribs for a few months
...damn that sux i did something similar only my friend new how to jump...at my trails we were doin a train and on the last double witch is about 6 foot tall with a 16 foot gap is was pretty close-about 4 or 5 feet behind him-and right as he hit his peak i he bailed off cuz there was some mexican kid standing on the bottom of the landing by time i saw him bail i was already in the air and just ended up nailing him right in the back with my tire and i went over the bars
Back to top Go down
MarauderdOutFBM
MarauderdOutFBM

BMX, gone wrong. Empty
PostSubject: Re: BMX, gone wrong.   BMX, gone wrong. I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 12:14 am

that is the worst way to die.....a barspin...skaters and shit getting in ur way
Vistagecko wrote:
Ouch! A kid at my local skatepark had that happen to him. A little different scenario though. He crashed into a skater in the middle of a barspin, and his bars pierced his intestines. He died 4 hours later in the emergency room. You're lucky all you got was a bruise.
Back to top Go down
bmxchris256
Forum legend
bmxchris256

BMX, gone wrong. Empty
PostSubject: Re: BMX, gone wrong.   BMX, gone wrong. I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 1:17 am

Vistagecko wrote:
was he riding bar ends?
Back to top Go down
Vistagecko
Forum legend
Vistagecko

BMX, gone wrong. Empty
PostSubject: Re: BMX, gone wrong.   BMX, gone wrong. I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 3:31 am

I don't know, I wasn't there. It was in the paper a few years back. I just remembered reading about it, as Brendan mentioned the bars to the ribs.
Back to top Go down
cody200694

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2009-03-30

BMX, gone wrong. Empty
PostSubject: Re: BMX, gone wrong.   BMX, gone wrong. I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 7:49 am

I went off this main jump in green bay called damons. And well since im a newbie at dirt i went off of it and always made it. And then a good biker shows up and makes it a big ass lip. So i didnt want to look like a pussy so i went for it. Both times i held onto my grips but my body did a superman and i ended up hitting my knees on the frame. So then i decided to go off the side where there wasnt a lip and just to try whipping it. So i was about to go but i didnt get enough speed so i stopped, went up the slope, slipped and busted my nuts on the frame. So the moral of this story is dont be stupid :/ or suck at dirt like i do.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

BMX, gone wrong. Empty
PostSubject: Re: BMX, gone wrong.   BMX, gone wrong. I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 12:18 pm

Haha connor (nigel thornberry) was messing with my bike while it was laying down flipped upside down and he was cranking the cranks and his finger got caught in the chainwheel and so instead of back pedaling it i loosened the rim and cranked the chain all the way through.
Back to top Go down
bmxchris256
Forum legend
bmxchris256

BMX, gone wrong. Empty
PostSubject: Re: BMX, gone wrong.   BMX, gone wrong. I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 12:32 pm

Admin wrote:
Haha connor (nigel thornberry) was messing with my bike while it was laying down flipped upside down and he was cranking the cranks and his finger got caught in the chainwheel and so instead of back pedaling it i loosened the rim and cranked the chain all the way through.

haha damn that musta hurt..you must have had ur back wheel super lose
Back to top Go down
MarauderdOutFBM
MarauderdOutFBM

BMX, gone wrong. Empty
PostSubject: Re: BMX, gone wrong.   BMX, gone wrong. I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 1:15 pm

yo i wreckecd my self sooo fucking hard tonight...ok so i was riding backwards (sitting on the handlebars and pedaling backwards) in the parking lot we were doing it in there are light posts with a square around it and 4 red poles at each corner.....i was going for a super long time and then i hit the square fell back and the red pole went under my sweat shirt and t shirt and i went all the way dowwn it....now my spine hurts and i think i have a huge scratch..i ate shit hard.
Back to top Go down
cody200694

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2009-03-30

BMX, gone wrong. Empty
PostSubject: Re: BMX, gone wrong.   BMX, gone wrong. I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 10:12 am

that video i posted of me going over that 5 foot ledge or whatever i ended up hitting my knee too hard on the pedal and when i landed on the crank wrong i bent my crank pretty bad. and that has to suck if someone died of a bar in his intestines. Damn what a bad way to die. DAMN SKATERS
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

BMX, gone wrong. Empty
PostSubject: Re: BMX, gone wrong.   BMX, gone wrong. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BMX, gone wrong.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: BMX Central :: General BMX Discussion-
Jump to: