Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for riders of all levels.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Beginner to Biking help me

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Nazsh
Nazsh

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2009-03-07

Beginner to Biking help me Empty
PostSubject: Beginner to Biking help me   Beginner to Biking help me I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 12:36 pm

Well, I bought an Eastern Traildigger back in 08' of October for my birthday.. I didn't ride it too much but I got a good feel for the bike and it suits me well. I haven't tried much with it since of winter and its starting to cool down and now i wanna get serious about bmxing.

Can anyone give me advice on where to start, what tricks to learn, explain some basic things about it, and some other stuff i should know.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 447
Registration date : 2009-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Beginner to Biking help me   Beginner to Biking help me I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 12:48 pm

Well the basics of all bmx is the BUNNYHOP you need to get this perfected it is in almost every thing you do. You at least want to be able to bunnyhop over a skateboard in primo everytime and that should get you started but two skateboards will make things alot easier. Basically bmx goes like this

25% skill which is knowing how to do what you are doing and being able to identify what you are doing wrong.
25% Strength because its a whole lot harder if you dont have any meat believe me
50% Fear because if your scared to do something then you wont be able to do it and you have to learn how to be able to get comforatable enough to do it.

Thats just a basic its a little more than that but wants you get the basics down it starts flying by and you progress very quickly.
Back to top Go down
https://we-bmx.forumotion.com
Vistagecko
Forum legend
Vistagecko

Number of posts : 395
Registration date : 2009-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Beginner to Biking help me   Beginner to Biking help me I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 12:50 pm

Hey welcome to We-bmx. Check out the How-to section for all the info you need to do tricks ranging from, easy-advanced. I'd suggest starting with the bunny-hop. It's a simple little trick, that is the foundation of BMX. Then you can move into manuals, 180s, fakies, and all that good stuff.
Back to top Go down
https://we-bmx.forumotion.com/forum.htm
Nazsh
Nazsh

PostSubject: Re: Beginner to Biking help me   Beginner to Biking help me I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 12:00 am

What kind of area is good for me to start practicing at? I know a couple good spots that my friend skates at.
Also, how much strength would you need. I think I'm strong enough but I don't know. I could work out a little bit. Lucky me I got a tredmill and bo-flex! Hahaha.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Beginner to Biking help me   Beginner to Biking help me I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 12:08 am

Yeah treadmill not so much but yeah use the bowflex lol do some chest and back exercises and do some situps because you use a lot of ab muscles when bmxing. You dont have to work out though but it will make things a whole lot easier.

As for areas to practice at those good spots your friend skates at will most likely be good so practice their.

But mainly the best practice spot for you right now is in the front of your house and working on getting your bunnyhop better by bunnyhoping over skateboards. Once you have the bunnyhop down things will start to get easier and you will have some basics down but the higher you get the bunnyhop the better. A skateboard stacked in primo is very good but two boards stacked would get you going quick.
Back to top Go down
Nazsh
Nazsh

PostSubject: Re: Beginner to Biking help me   Beginner to Biking help me I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 12:50 am

Well, i live in a weird place. My mom's house. well we live with our grandparents and they live in this house that is in a parking lot.

Theres a bunch of stores to the front of it and theres like convient and ome stuff outside..
but yeah its like on a slanted hill for the parking lot.. at the end its pretty leveled so i can do some stuff there i guess.. but theres other places i can go too
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Beginner to Biking help me   Beginner to Biking help me I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 1:08 am

Yeah anywhere close thats flat is a good place to practice bunnyhops
Back to top Go down
Nazsh
Nazsh

PostSubject: Re: Beginner to Biking help me   Beginner to Biking help me I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 1:11 am

alright ill practice later when my friend is up
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Beginner to Biking help me   Beginner to Biking help me I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 1:12 am

sounds good remember pull up and push the bike out in front of you and crouch a little so you can pull up higher.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Beginner to Biking help me   Beginner to Biking help me I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Beginner to Biking help me
Page 1 of 1