Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for riders of all levels.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

How to Hang-5

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
WestCoastFlatlander
WestCoastFlatlander

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2009-03-08

How to Hang-5 Empty
PostSubject: How to Hang-5   How to Hang-5 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 7:08 pm

This is a trick that is pretty much a staple trick for Flatlanders, and used a lot in tech aspects of Park riding. Not sure if it's used much in street, but it could definitely be used.

This is a trick that takes a while to nail, to find that balancing point we refer to as the 'sweet spot'. Be prepared to go over the bars a lot, too. lol

Ok, first up, I'll go through body positioning. Start with your prefered peg-foot on the front peg, and the other foot on the pedal. MAKE SURE your head is just in front of the bars. Trying it with ur head behind the bars won't work, trust me. Check the vid and see where my head is at the start. Roll along at moderate speed.
When ur ready to try it, bob down and back up quickly, giving you enough 'oomph' to pop the back end up off the ground... now the thing that makes the bike go up onto the front wheel is YOUR ARMS. You need to push forward with your arms, untill they are almost completely straight. Is u ride with a raised seat post, you can slam the seat into your ass, as a guide to know how high to raise the back end. If ur seat is slammed, you can still use the seat as a guide, or you can rest the seat against the inside of your leg, when the back wheel is high enough.
Keep in mind when trying this trick, your body should be already in the same position it is when DOING the trick, as it is when you are setting up for the trick, all ur doing, really, is just unweighting the back end of your bike enough to use your arms to tip the bike forward into the Hang-5 position. Also, if you're wondering why the back end just isn't getting up there when you try it, check where ur head is. Is it behiond the bars..?? Then all your body weight is, too. The back end wont go nowhere unless your head is infront of the bars to begin with.
Tell your self when ur about to pop into it, say it in your head... 'Push with your arms, push with your arms'. It will help you focus on that point as you attempt it. And once your arms are straight, keep them locked there, don't relax them... they are what's going to keep your bike up in that position.
I did a million of these before I gained controll of the balance point, and was able to roll a good distance on them. Now, I can do them forever... one handed, no footer, and even no handed, with both feet on the front pegs and the seat locked infront of my nuts. lol
Good luck, fellas, hope you nail it real soon.
As with all tricks, it's gonna feel impossible at first, and after an hour of getting no where, you might get discouraged, but just try it for 15mins or more a day, and you should have it within a few weeks, or less.
Back to top Go down
Nazsh
Nazsh

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2009-03-07

How to Hang-5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to Hang-5   How to Hang-5 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 6:39 am

That's nice. Your really good.

Anyways, when did you start flatland?

Did you do a different style before you started doing flatland?
Back to top Go down
WestCoastFlatlander
WestCoastFlatlander

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2009-03-08

How to Hang-5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to Hang-5   How to Hang-5 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 7:07 am

Quote :
That's nice. Your really good.

Cheers, bro Smile

I stared Flatland seriously at the end of 2005. I bought a Hoffman Disruptor, because I never knew there were specific Flatland bikes available. About 6 months later, I bought a KHE Equilibrium, a Flatland bike. I still have the Hoffman, and I took it to Canada with me a few years back, and rode the Millenium Skate Park, in Calgary. Such a huge park, and an awesome one, too.
I wouldn't mind riding some park and street, but I can't afford the time off if I injure myself badly, which I probably will. lol I have a mortgage and bills to pay, and injuries means time off work.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

How to Hang-5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to Hang-5   How to Hang-5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How to Hang-5
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: BMX Central :: How to's-
Jump to: