Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for riders of all levels.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Rulessss!!!!!

Go down 
+2
dareck
Admin
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 447
Registration date : 2009-01-05

Rulessss!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Rulessss!!!!!   Rulessss!!!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 12:38 pm

Ok we have gone to long without rules and its about time we make some. I could just be gay and punish everyone that is fighting right now but i think it would be better for everyone if we got something productive out of this. Ok and before you come and post in here please give decent answers and not oh vista is wrong because yadayadayada. I know all of the members on here just a little more than everyone else so i know whats going on and im going to clear all this up in one long paragraph.

Ok for all you vista haters, I'm not going to say I agree with vista 100% but i will say this. Vista is online all the time and I'm sure he cares about this forum more than everyone else. Vistagecko also has previous moderating experience but that was on other forums that were not as casual as this so he may get on to you for typing mistakes and grammatical errors which i do alot of but in all actuality that might just pay off one day. I know there are tons of spelling mistakes and grammar errors but I have been working on it because it makes you a whole lot smarter and that is part of the reason I chose him as a moderator. His job however is to not lock all the topics, but I never told him what he cant or can do because we have not made rules yet. However if you are still reading this you have just as of an important role as vista does to look out for certain things and inform people of what they are doing wrong.

If you have not noticed we don't get much suggestions or ideas and I have to encourage them. Also I am probably the most active bmx-forum administrator and I cant do everything all on my own so I chose vista to help me out.

So if you really want to make a difference please post with a logical answer and we will work to make this the best forum for bmxers.
Back to top Go down
https://we-bmx.forumotion.com
dareck

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2009-02-08

Rulessss!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rulessss!!!!!   Rulessss!!!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 1:18 pm

their should be rule such as no insulting other members
Back to top Go down
poizone
poizone

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2009-02-12

Rulessss!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rulessss!!!!!   Rulessss!!!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 1:20 pm

That would be covered under a rule such as this:

No flaming (Insulting or Bullying, etc.) Other members. Mild teasing is tolerated.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Rulessss!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rulessss!!!!!   Rulessss!!!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 1:21 pm

ok thats a good one, we will keep that to a very minimal amount to none at all. Yeah as poizone said awsell.
Back to top Go down
Nazsh
Nazsh

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2009-03-07

Rulessss!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rulessss!!!!!   Rulessss!!!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 2:03 pm

I think you should create a new Section under Announcement for this. Name it Rules and the subtitle should be something like "Read this before posting or else punishment is garaunteed" or something.

I know the Off-Topic section is the hardest to deal with since that's where most people try to sneak in spamming to get there post count up. There has to be a close watch there, but not too close where you locking every topic that doesn't have to do with BMX.

Some rules I would suggest would be:

1. Respect all other members as you wish to be respected. Or something like that.
2. No flamming other members type of thing. Bullying and stuff.
3. No Spamming.
4. Do not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts.
5. Multiple or repeated posting in order to increase your post count is not allowed.
6. Wait a reasonable amount of time before bumping your thread. Roughly a day or so unless it is an important topic that needs to be answered immediately.
7. We also do not allow posts or links to sites that are sexual in nature or violate We-BMX community standards.
9. We do not allow people to post threads or to send private messages or emails to users here that advertise or solicit any products, services, funds or donations. Explicit advertising and solicitating in signatures is also prohibited. Depending on the product.. such as if it's in the Classifieds and there selling bike parts wouldn't count.
10. Limited sizes on signatures. Maybe for text signatures: 4 lines normal size, 8 lines small size and up to 90 chars per line. Font sizes above 2 are not allowed. (Blank lines count as lines.)
Do not use images with large text to bypass the previous item
For images in signatures: 1 image up to 300 pixels wide, 125 pixels tall and 20k in size

Some of these rules could be edited to fit this forums better.

Last edited by Nazsh on Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Rulessss!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rulessss!!!!!   Rulessss!!!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 2:08 pm

I want to say nice rules nazsh but in reality im pretty sure you copy and pasted lol. Its all cool though very helpful post. If you did right this up im really impressed.
Back to top Go down
Nazsh
Nazsh

Rulessss!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rulessss!!!!!   Rulessss!!!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 2:11 pm

No, I wrote it all up.. but I referred it to some other forums I use to work with. Those are some basic rules for forums anyways. But for rule number 8 we can probably not do because no one really cares about stealing music or software. Just if it was more serious.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Rulessss!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rulessss!!!!!   Rulessss!!!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 2:15 pm

yeah very good post though and very nice job.
Back to top Go down
Nazsh
Nazsh

Rulessss!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rulessss!!!!!   Rulessss!!!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 2:16 pm

Thanks I guess. I like working with forums for it takes up some of my useless time that I have nothing to waste on.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Rulessss!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rulessss!!!!!   Rulessss!!!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 2:18 pm

yeah it uses up my time at night that i dont use for anything so i was like whatever i feel like helping people out im going to make a website. Thats how this all got started.
Back to top Go down
Nazsh
Nazsh

Rulessss!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rulessss!!!!!   Rulessss!!!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 2:21 pm

Cool. You should make the new section for the Rules and start implying some of them in there for the basics. Then we can suggest more rules here until it's complete. Also lock the rules so no other post can go in there.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Rulessss!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rulessss!!!!!   Rulessss!!!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 2:38 pm

I will do that but i think we already have some rules up right now but we will make super official ones and have a voting on what we should add keep or delete. hey that rhymed.
Back to top Go down
Vistagecko
Forum legend
Vistagecko

Number of posts : 395

Rulessss!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rulessss!!!!!   Rulessss!!!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 4:52 am

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Why exactly am I the main discussion as far as rules go?

Ok, maybe I should clear a few things up. The only reason I have been closing as many threads as I have, is so it doesn't clog up the forum. If you have a bunch of stupid threads full of a bunch of stupid 3 word posts, you lose bandwidth. No bandwidth means, no forum. And then you look back and see that your forum lost a majority of its bandwith to posts that aren't even related to BMX, were answered in previous threads, or just flat out had no thought put into them.

I am simply promoting useful, helpful posts that will further promote the site. Is our overall goal not to help people?

This leads me to the grammar issue. I'm not asking that you use perfect college level grammar. I'm just asking forposts that are legible. If nobody can understand what you're saying, you are not helping anyone and are defeating the purpose of the site. If I remember correctly the forum rules posted a while ago clearly stated no aim style posts. I have seen way too much of this. Including yourself Admin.

No don't get me wrong. I'm not calling anyone out, or insulting anybody. An occaisonal 'lol' is fine. But when you post looks like " i b a bmxer an i strate up pwn all ovr teh place wit me awsome grinders!@!@" No one can understand what the hell your're talking about.

So before I get people all over me about being a dick, I'm helping the forum and I only have the forum's well being at heart when I delete a topic or chastise a member.
Back to top Go down
https://we-bmx.forumotion.com/forum.htm
Nazsh
Nazsh

Rulessss!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rulessss!!!!!   Rulessss!!!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 5:14 am

Dude.. The topics you closed didn't follow anything about what you just said. The guitar topic had a purpose of trying to sell something. I understand your point on useless posts that aren't needed. Most of the topics you , but the og are the ones that don't need closed, but the ones that do need closed you just leave there. Before you even think about locking a topic, you should consult other mods and see if it should be locked.

I'm just going to stay out of this shit and let you and Admin deal with it.
Back to top Go down
Vistagecko
Forum legend
Vistagecko

Rulessss!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rulessss!!!!!   Rulessss!!!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 5:17 am

First of all I'm not talking about the guitar topic in this thread. I explained that in the off topic section. Me and Admin will put out heads together and discuss the limitations of moderating, what should and should not be deleted, etc. For now just sit back, relax, and enjoy the site.
Back to top Go down
Nazsh
Nazsh

Rulessss!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rulessss!!!!!   Rulessss!!!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 5:22 am

I know, but seriously do you think that the Guitar topic was worse then this https://we-bmx.forumotion.com/off-topic-f12/who-old-are-u-t109.htm that one has horrible grammar and is pointless for the fact that you can see the persons age listed under their Avatar.

I just think there needs to be a couple mods that decide on whether a topic should be locked or not. Also if you even lock it.. it's still going to be there. So why does it matter if it's locked or not. If it's unlocked then people can still use it and post there. If it's locked it's just in the way and serving no purpose.
Back to top Go down
Vistagecko
Forum legend
Vistagecko

Rulessss!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rulessss!!!!!   Rulessss!!!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 5:42 am

The point of locking a topic is so no one posts in it. When people post they waste bandwidth. I can delete a topic, but that lowers the post count of anyone that posted in the topic. As much as I dislike that topic, I haven't closed it because it isn't a nuisance. No one really posts in it.

More mods just means more trouble. If there was more mods, members would be banning other members because of past grudges. Besides, we really only need 2 mods to moderate the forum right now. With more, there would be nothing for them to do. The moderation team of Admin, Nigel, and myself is good for now. When we get more members and we feel overwhelmed, we will select a trustworthy member that has shown their ability to moderate and we like.

For now, just chill out.
Back to top Go down
Nazsh
Nazsh

Rulessss!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rulessss!!!!!   Rulessss!!!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 7:22 am

Wtf.. I never said get more mods. I said "a couple mods that dcide on whether a topic should be locked or not" that means more then just YOU deciding if it should be locked. Plus not closing a topic because you think it's a nuisance is a horrible reason. If it's such a nuisance why not close it.
Back to top Go down
Vistagecko
Forum legend
Vistagecko

Rulessss!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rulessss!!!!!   Rulessss!!!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 7:31 am

Vistagecko wrote:
... I haven't closed it because it isn't a nuisance. No one really posts in it..

Last edited by Vistagecko on Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Rulessss!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rulessss!!!!!   Rulessss!!!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 7:31 am

K guys we will make rules for what should be locked how about that.
Back to top Go down
Nazsh
Nazsh

Rulessss!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rulessss!!!!!   Rulessss!!!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 7:36 am

Vistagecko wrote:
Vistagecko wrote:
... I haven't closed it because it isn't a nuisance. No one really posts in it..

Oh my bad I can't read. Anyways it's annoying and pointless... and you thought that guitar one was? It wasn't a nuisance.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Rulessss!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rulessss!!!!!   Rulessss!!!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 7:44 am

guys just relax a bit everyone makes mistakes everyone has those days. Hannah montanna quote lol. Just calm down everyone just drop it whats done is done but we will learn from this and fix things.
Back to top Go down
Nazsh
Nazsh

Rulessss!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rulessss!!!!!   Rulessss!!!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 7:58 am

Hannah Montana is gay lol and start making those rules.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Rulessss!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rulessss!!!!!   Rulessss!!!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 8:09 am

Yeah we r on it and everyone needs to vote on what to keep or add.

wow i put r. I really need to stop text messaging.
Back to top Go down
NigelThornberry
NigelThornberry

Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Rulessss!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rulessss!!!!!   Rulessss!!!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 1:28 pm

When are the rules going to be done?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rulessss!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rulessss!!!!!   Rulessss!!!!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rulessss!!!!!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Office :: Suggestions-
Jump to: