Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for riders of all levels.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Should I Get The Fit STR 1

Go down 
+4
poizone
Vistagecko
Admin
BMX.Jarrod
8 posters
AuthorMessage
BMX.Jarrod
BMX.Jarrod

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2009-03-28

Should I Get The Fit STR 1 Empty
PostSubject: Should I Get The Fit STR 1   Should I Get The Fit STR 1 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 8:53 pm

I already have my main bike which is on bike check but i want to get a bike to ride the streets with my friends with and not be like really scared it will get stolen. is the fit str 1 a good coice because i really want to ride breakless and have my bike a clean look. can you take the brake things where the brake cables sit off the fit trl 1? should i get trl 1 or str 1? Question king
Back to top Go down
BMX.Jarrod
BMX.Jarrod

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2009-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Should I Get The Fit STR 1   Should I Get The Fit STR 1 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 8:54 pm

or should i get the kink liberty bmx?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 447
Registration date : 2009-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Should I Get The Fit STR 1   Should I Get The Fit STR 1 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 10:14 pm

kink liberty Smile and edit your topics if they are going to be the same btw.

And vista just leave this one alone for now.
Back to top Go down
https://we-bmx.forumotion.com
Vistagecko
Forum legend
Vistagecko

Number of posts : 395
Registration date : 2009-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Should I Get The Fit STR 1   Should I Get The Fit STR 1 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 5:57 am

I'll try to restrain myself.....for now.

Anyway, I like the STR 1 a lot. The TRL 1 can go brake less, but the STR 1 is slightly lighter and has a better stock paint scheme.
Back to top Go down
https://we-bmx.forumotion.com/forum.htm
poizone
poizone

Number of posts : 107

PostSubject: Re: Should I Get The Fit STR 1   Should I Get The Fit STR 1 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 6:54 am

I was at my local bike shop, and looking at the STR1, it does not have brake tabs, but it does have the one hole required for a caliper brake. That way you can still get one if you feel a little sketchy running brakeless.
Back to top Go down
scholzee
scholzee

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Should I Get The Fit STR 1   Should I Get The Fit STR 1 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 7:40 am

To be honest. Why, would you buy another expensive bike, to ride the streets with and not care if it were to be stolen. I'm sorry but that is plain stupid. Your gonna waste another 300-500 bucks on another bike and just be like oh, shit happens when its gets stolen. You might aswell be giving your money to the thieves. Just ride your specialized.

I ride my bike in the city and ride street, park and trails with it. I even use it to commute. I'm just saying that your better off saving your money to upgrade your bike, then to waste it on another bike just to ride street with. That's the beauty of BMX. Any type of BMX can cater to your cravings of street, trails or park.

/endrant.

Last edited by scholzee on Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
NigelThornberry
NigelThornberry

Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Should I Get The Fit STR 1   Should I Get The Fit STR 1 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 8:49 am

I like the fit waaaay more then the specialized dude. Why the hell would you need a "street" bike? Just ride the bike you have right now.
Back to top Go down
Vistagecko
Forum legend
Vistagecko

Number of posts : 395

PostSubject: Re: Should I Get The Fit STR 1   Should I Get The Fit STR 1 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 8:51 am

NigelThornberry wrote:
I like the fit waaaay more then the specialized dude. Why the hell would you need a "street" bike? Just ride the bike you have right now.
You just contradicted yourself. You say you like the Fit more, then you tell him not to get it, and ride the specialized.
Back to top Go down
https://we-bmx.forumotion.com/forum.htm
scholzee
scholzee

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Should I Get The Fit STR 1   Should I Get The Fit STR 1 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 12:56 pm

Vista,

I think what he was trying to say was, that the fit is a much better bike than the specialized. But why would he need another bike when he has a perfectly fine one just sitting there to ride.
Back to top Go down
bmxchris256
Forum legend
bmxchris256

Number of posts : 383
Registration date : 2009-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Should I Get The Fit STR 1   Should I Get The Fit STR 1 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 2:09 pm

I agree with scholize y would u buy another bike when u already got a damn good one...just never let the bike I got out of ur site that's what I do
Back to top Go down
NigelThornberry
NigelThornberry

Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Should I Get The Fit STR 1   Should I Get The Fit STR 1 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 6:52 am

scholzee wrote:
Vista,

I think what he was trying to say was, that the fit is a much better bike than the specialized. But why would he need another bike when he has a perfectly fine one just sitting there to ride.

100% spot on. Sorry for the confusion.
Back to top Go down
cody200694

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2009-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Should I Get The Fit STR 1   Should I Get The Fit STR 1 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 7:50 am

im thinking about getting the fit str 1 but since it has no brake mounts, i dont feel like i actually should put them on, so could i take the brakes thats included and put it on my gt compe 2008? thats my cruising bike? I know i have so many threads but i just want to know what bikes good so i dont waste money haha
Back to top Go down
poizone
poizone

PostSubject: Re: Should I Get The Fit STR 1   Should I Get The Fit STR 1 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 8:13 am

The caliper is a simple one bolt brake. It's included for safety reasons. If your not going to ride a brake, then get a good brake for your gt. And if it has no mounts, don't bother.
Back to top Go down
cody200694

PostSubject: Re: Should I Get The Fit STR 1   Should I Get The Fit STR 1 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 8:29 am

i have mounts on my gt but the fit str 1 says it has no brake mounts included so i said screw it ill ride brakeless. but would the cable hanger and u brake work for my bike though?
Back to top Go down
poizone
poizone

PostSubject: Re: Should I Get The Fit STR 1   Should I Get The Fit STR 1 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 8:37 am

It comes with no hangar or ubrake. There is a caliper brake. It's a crappy brake you screw into one hole. It's required to be included because of federal safety laws. All bikes have holes for them. Even if they have mounts for U or V brakes.
Back to top Go down
cody200694

PostSubject: Re: Should I Get The Fit STR 1   Should I Get The Fit STR 1 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 9:49 am

so the bike doesnt have a u-brake..? so its a shitty break i shouldnt even use..? and just scavage it for a spare part later on?
Back to top Go down
poizone
poizone

PostSubject: Re: Should I Get The Fit STR 1   Should I Get The Fit STR 1 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 9:51 am

No. It's not meant for a ubrake. Its not meant for any brakes. That's the point of saying "No Break Mounts"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should I Get The Fit STR 1   Should I Get The Fit STR 1 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Should I Get The Fit STR 1
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: BMX Central :: General BMX Discussion-
Jump to: