Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for riders of all levels.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

How Do I Cut This Break Thing Off?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
BMX.Jarrod
BMX.Jarrod

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2009-03-28

How Do I Cut This Break Thing Off? Empty
PostSubject: How Do I Cut This Break Thing Off?   How Do I Cut This Break Thing Off? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 10:42 am

Ive been riding with my front brakes off for like a year now and i dont want this ugly thing that my front brakes used to go through sticking out.

How Do I Cut This Break Thing Off? DSC00214-1

How do i cut this off? is it possible?
Back to top Go down
poizone
poizone

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2009-02-12

PostSubject: Re: How Do I Cut This Break Thing Off?   How Do I Cut This Break Thing Off? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 10:55 am

A Dremel Tool with a reinforced diamond cutting bit and about 30 minutes of spare time.
Back to top Go down
murderedoutkink
murderedoutkink

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2009-01-22

PostSubject: Re: How Do I Cut This Break Thing Off?   How Do I Cut This Break Thing Off? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 11:20 am

just use a cutoff disk on a dremel. way faster. I shaved all my break tabs on my bike. Looks sexyyyy
Back to top Go down
poizone
poizone

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2009-02-12

PostSubject: Re: How Do I Cut This Break Thing Off?   How Do I Cut This Break Thing Off? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 11:34 am

Or a reinforced diamond cutting disk that will actually cut the metal without the risk of shards of rock flying into your eye. That's the point of the specified disk.
Back to top Go down
bmxchris256
Forum legend
bmxchris256

Number of posts : 383
Registration date : 2009-01-26

PostSubject: Re: How Do I Cut This Break Thing Off?   How Do I Cut This Break Thing Off? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 12:54 am

you could use a grinder...a hacksaw(that could be kinda tiering tho)....or a sawzaw either of these things work
Back to top Go down
lazaro36
lazaro36

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2009-05-03

PostSubject: Re: How Do I Cut This Break Thing Off?   How Do I Cut This Break Thing Off? I_icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 8:22 am

i just took a adjustable wrench, tightened it around it, and just moved it around till it came off. It came off really nicely and now you cant eventell anything was there
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How Do I Cut This Break Thing Off?   How Do I Cut This Break Thing Off? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How Do I Cut This Break Thing Off?
Page 1 of 1