Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for riders of all levels.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Do you like?

Go down 
+3
murderedoutkink
bmxchris256
NigelThornberry
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
NigelThornberry
NigelThornberry

Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Do you like? Empty
PostSubject: Do you like?   Do you like? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 10:45 am

Do you like? Kuraz

Do you think I should paint it?
Back to top Go down
bmxchris256
Forum legend
bmxchris256

Number of posts : 383
Registration date : 2009-01-26

Do you like? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you like?   Do you like? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 11:24 am

damn thats looks sexy lol i like it looks dope
Back to top Go down
murderedoutkink
murderedoutkink

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2009-01-22

Do you like? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you like?   Do you like? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 12:12 pm

you photoshop that??
Back to top Go down
NigelThornberry
NigelThornberry

Do you like? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you like?   Do you like? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 12:19 pm

Asked a guy on bmx-forum who shopped his bike the same color

lol don't edit my post niggg

Last edited by NigelThornberry on Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 447
Registration date : 2009-01-05

Do you like? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you like?   Do you like? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 12:30 pm

hey you cant be giving links to gay sites. Dang my editing skills are lacking lol
Back to top Go down
https://we-bmx.forumotion.com
poizone
poizone

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2009-02-12

Do you like? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you like?   Do you like? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 12:58 pm

Your shop skills are slightly lacking. The blue is too electric for the lighting. Put a little shadow on it, or drop reflectivity.
Back to top Go down
NigelThornberry
NigelThornberry

Do you like? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you like?   Do you like? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 1:00 pm

I just got the guy to shop so I can see what it would like. I was not trying to get it perfected or anything

EDIT: Could someone please post a link of a spray paint that is, or extremely close to this color? pikachu
Back to top Go down
Vistagecko
Forum legend
Vistagecko

Number of posts : 395

Do you like? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you like?   Do you like? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 1:19 pm

Ehh, I like it better black. Plus with an electric blue bike, people begin to recognize it. Sooner or later you're gonna get into trouble and the guy will be like "yeah it was this bright blue bike, I think his name is NigelThronberry. Oh you mean from the show? No, I mean the kid sporting the blue panther."
Back to top Go down
https://we-bmx.forumotion.com/forum.htm
NigelThornberry
NigelThornberry

Do you like? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you like?   Do you like? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 1:28 pm

Haha, you sounded like Parker in that post, but oh great and honorable Vistagekco, can you help me find a this color in spray paint? I've came close, but im not 100% sure its the same or extremely close http://www.rustoleum.com/CBGProduct.asp?pid=1&sid=223610
http://www.krylon.com/products/h2o_latex/ (in blue danube or w/e)
Back to top Go down
Vistagecko
Forum legend
Vistagecko

Do you like? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you like?   Do you like? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 12:52 am

Well I'l have to ask you to spell my name correctly if you want my opinion. Lol.

Anyway, Rust Oleum is great to spray bikes with, it doesn't scratch easily, and is rust resistant. That color looks really close, but if you want an exact match, I believe you can print it out, and take it to a Home Depot. They will match any color. It might be a little more pricey though.
Back to top Go down
bmxchris256
Forum legend
bmxchris256

Do you like? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you like?   Do you like? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 6:04 am

i recomend not useing spray paint and getting it powder coated instead its a little bit more exspencive but the paint wont chip off as easy and you dont have to clear coat it....theres a powder coating place in dallas where im gunna get my bike painted at
Back to top Go down
NigelThornberry
NigelThornberry

Do you like? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you like?   Do you like? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 7:23 am

Got a price Chris? I only have like $200-$300 to spend and I don't want to blow it all on painting my bike. Does anyone know if the guys at the powder coating place can match this color?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Do you like? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you like?   Do you like? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 8:09 am

I have a spray gun and it doesnt need to be powdercoated
Back to top Go down
NigelThornberry
NigelThornberry

Do you like? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you like?   Do you like? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 8:12 am

Im going to spray it this weekend. Taking to Lowes or w/e this weekend to get a match
Back to top Go down
Vistagecko
Forum legend
Vistagecko

Do you like? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you like?   Do you like? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 8:21 am

Home depot. Lowe's does not offer the paint matching service.
Back to top Go down
murderedoutkink
murderedoutkink

Do you like? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you like?   Do you like? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 10:02 am

You can get a good job with rattle can. Strip it with aircraft paint stripper. Make sure and clean it really well to rid of any oil dirt etc..

Put all your rattle cans in warm watter before you use them.
Make sure and hold the can really level when spraying and shake it really well.
Do a thin coat of metal self etching primer wait ten minutes then spray a finishing coat and wait 10 min.

Apply paint in a very light thin coat at first wait 10 min. apply another light coat. wait ten minutes. Apply two more coats of even spray. Make sure and do it in the light so you dont miss any spots its really easy to do with the incorrect lighting.

Make sure and let it dry really well in the sun if possible so it can bake so to speak.

YOu can apply clear coat if you want. Do AT LEAST 4 coats very cery lightly. YOu can get it to glimmer if you apply it very carefully. You can even wet sand it and buff it if you wanted to make it really good.

I suggest using a darker color primer otherwise it will lighten the color of blue a bit.
Back to top Go down
poizone
poizone

Number of posts : 107

Do you like? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you like?   Do you like? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 11:09 am

Remember to use a clear sealant over some clear coat. That'll let it withstand most casual beatings.
Back to top Go down
Brendan
Brendan

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2009-04-07

Do you like? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you like?   Do you like? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 11:23 am

yeah that looks dope. I love that color blue.
It'd be extra dope doe if you got into making your black parts raw, but that can become a project and a half, but defiantly worth it.
Back to top Go down
bmxchris256
Forum legend
bmxchris256

Do you like? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you like?   Do you like? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 11:23 am

NigelThornberry wrote:
Got a price Chris? I only have like $200-$300 to spend and I don't want to blow it all on painting my bike. Does anyone know if the guys at the powder coating place can match this color?
actually my dad got his mtb painted at that place in dallas and only the frame was 98$ probably another 60 or so for the forks and bars it came out really nice they do a good job
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Do you like? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you like?   Do you like? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 11:36 am

thats pretty expensive
Back to top Go down
Vistagecko
Forum legend
Vistagecko

Do you like? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you like?   Do you like? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 12:50 pm

$160 for someone to paint my bike? I don't think so. I'd rather spend $15 on paint and clear coat and do the job myself. The bike also feels more personal if you paint it yourself.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Do you like? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you like?   Do you like? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 1:09 pm

im with ya on that vista and i could probably get my parts baked also
Back to top Go down
bmxchris256
Forum legend
bmxchris256

Do you like? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you like?   Do you like? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 2:18 pm

Yeah but in looks ten times better and that includes sand blasting it....spray paint will chip off and scratch off real easy even with several layers of clear coat...powdercoat will take a beating and still look nice...it all depends if u wanna spend 15$ and havebur bike look nice for a couple days before it's all scratched up or if u want it to look badass for a long time
Back to top Go down
murderedoutkink
murderedoutkink

Do you like? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you like?   Do you like? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 11:32 pm

ive had my bike sprayed for like 6 months and it wasnt a super thorough job still looks real good
Back to top Go down
Vistagecko
Forum legend
Vistagecko

Do you like? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you like?   Do you like? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 1:47 am

bmxchris256 wrote:
Yeah but in looks ten times better and that includes sand blasting it....spray paint will chip off and scratch off real easy even with several layers of clear coat...powdercoat will take a beating and still look nice...it all depends if u wanna spend 15$ and havebur bike look nice for a couple days before it's all scratched up or if u want it to look badass for a long time
If your paint chips off a couple days later, you must be using some really shitty stuff. I sprayed my friends bike in October, he even rode it through the snow and rain, and there is not one chip or spec of rust.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Do you like? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you like?   Do you like? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Do you like?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: BMX Central :: General BMX Discussion-
Jump to: