Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for riders of all levels.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

stripped bolt

Go down 
+2
bmxchris256
MarauderdOutFBM
6 posters
AuthorMessage
MarauderdOutFBM
MarauderdOutFBM

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2009-02-13

stripped bolt Empty
PostSubject: stripped bolt   stripped bolt I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 1:23 am

one of my bolts for my stem is stripped... its my fault cuz i was tightening it and the allen key slipped....what should i do to fix it? is there anything to do?
Back to top Go down
bmxchris256
Forum legend
bmxchris256

Number of posts : 383
Registration date : 2009-01-26

stripped bolt Empty
PostSubject: Re: stripped bolt   stripped bolt I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 2:34 am

That's happened to me before....what bolt is it the ones that hold the bars on or the 2 that clamp the stem down to keep it streight?
Back to top Go down
MarauderdOutFBM
MarauderdOutFBM

stripped bolt Empty
PostSubject: Re: stripped bolt   stripped bolt I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 3:08 am

the one that holds the bars
Back to top Go down
Vistagecko
Forum legend
Vistagecko

Number of posts : 395
Registration date : 2009-02-12

stripped bolt Empty
PostSubject: Re: stripped bolt   stripped bolt I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 3:41 am

Well go up to Target or any other store that has a seen on TV section, and buy yourself a Grab-it. It's a stripped bolt/screw remover. It actually drills into the screw itself and unscrew it. I believe it is $10.
Back to top Go down
https://we-bmx.forumotion.com/forum.htm
bmxchris256
Forum legend
bmxchris256

Number of posts : 383
Registration date : 2009-01-26

stripped bolt Empty
PostSubject: Re: stripped bolt   stripped bolt I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 4:41 am

Or just take out the other non stripped bolts...then take a hack saw and cut the striped bolt inbetween the stem and the part that screws on cut so where there's just a little bit if the bolt sticking out of the stem then once u cut threw the bolt just take some pliers and unscrew the broken part...0$ spent
Back to top Go down
poizone
poizone

Number of posts : 107

stripped bolt Empty
PostSubject: Re: stripped bolt   stripped bolt I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 7:58 am

Or get something that will be quicker and useful when you strip another bolt holding on to something slightly less hacksawable. And for more than just your bike.
Back to top Go down
MarauderdOutFBM
MarauderdOutFBM

stripped bolt Empty
PostSubject: Re: stripped bolt   stripped bolt I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 9:15 am

ok thanks...but i have another problem...my stem/headset (i dont know which one) always creeks when i ride and when i turn my handle bars it makes a weird sound...what is wrong?? oh and is it normal to have your cranks like make weird sounds when riding? but not bad sounds i think the cranks make noise because of just everyday use
Back to top Go down
murderedoutkink
murderedoutkink

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2009-01-22

stripped bolt Empty
PostSubject: Re: stripped bolt   stripped bolt I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 9:54 am

Can you the the bolt out of the stem? If so take it out then use a tap and die set to clean up the threds on the stem pieces. Use oil to help you and compressed air to blow the shrouds out as you go. It should be fairly easy to do. It wouldnt be expensive at all if you need to save money.
Back to top Go down
Vistagecko
Forum legend
Vistagecko

stripped bolt Empty
PostSubject: Re: stripped bolt   stripped bolt I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 12:17 pm

murderedoutkink wrote:
Can you the the bolt out of the stem? If so take it out then use a tap and die set to clean up the threds on the stem pieces. Use oil to help you and compressed air to blow the shrouds out as you go. It should be fairly easy to do. It wouldnt be expensive at all if you need to save money.

That isn't even a sentence. What's next? Are we going to bikes? We food? We music while your mom brings you your porter potty so you can shit at your own convenience? See where this is going? Gasp! What's that? A VERB!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 447
Registration date : 2009-01-05

stripped bolt Empty
PostSubject: Re: stripped bolt   stripped bolt I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 12:21 pm

lol that was pretty funny but that's a little mean.
Back to top Go down
https://we-bmx.forumotion.com
murderedoutkink
murderedoutkink

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2009-01-22

stripped bolt Empty
PostSubject: Re: stripped bolt   stripped bolt I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 12:31 pm

Vistagecko wrote:
murderedoutkink wrote:

That isn't even a sentence. What's next? Are we going to bikes? We food? We music while your mom brings you your porter potty so you can shit at your own convenience? See where this is going? Gasp! What's that? A VERB!

my mistake.

Can you GET the bolt out of the stem?

Vistagecko - Please post useful and relevant to topic information. Act your age.
Back to top Go down
Vistagecko
Forum legend
Vistagecko

stripped bolt Empty
PostSubject: Re: stripped bolt   stripped bolt I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 12:54 pm

stripped bolt Verb

Yeah I didn't mean to sound so harsh. Just trying to lighten things up a bit.

I'll leave this here for inspiration.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 447
Registration date : 2009-01-05

stripped bolt Empty
PostSubject: Re: stripped bolt   stripped bolt I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 1:04 pm

I believe the verb is take. You guys are harsh. Its a good thing im admin though or i wouldnt be able to keep up.
Back to top Go down
https://we-bmx.forumotion.com
MarauderdOutFBM
MarauderdOutFBM

stripped bolt Empty
PostSubject: Re: stripped bolt   stripped bolt I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 12:14 am

yeah..this is going off topic
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

stripped bolt Empty
PostSubject: Re: stripped bolt   stripped bolt I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

stripped bolt
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: BMX Central :: General BMX Discussion-
Jump to: