Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for riders of all levels.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Rollin on fresh everything.

Go down 
+3
Admin
NigelThornberry
Vistagecko
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Vistagecko
Forum legend
Vistagecko

Number of posts : 395
Registration date : 2009-02-12

Rollin on fresh everything. Empty
PostSubject: Rollin on fresh everything.   Rollin on fresh everything. I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 12:59 pm

Rollin on fresh everything. Bike004
Rollin on fresh everything. Bike005Rollin on fresh everything. Bike002
So I picked up a bunch of new stuff since my last bike check.
Frame: Eastern element
Bars: Tree hot bars
Bar ends: Tree bar ends They thread directly into the bars which is pretty cool.

Front rim: DK stock rim
Back rim: Poverty spare
Front tire: Fit something or another
Back tire: Animal GLH
Forks: DK stock
Stem: Salt
Headset: Cane creek integrated
Grips: ODI longnecks
Cranks: Eastern shaft
Pedals: Animal Hamilton plastic
Sprocket: Eastern Medusa
Chain: Purple KHC
Seat: DK
Brakes: Went breakless and never looking back.

Weight I'm guessing is around 23-24lbs. I just weighed it, and a surprising, 22.3 lbs. And that's with a stock fork, rim and DK bundy pegs.
Back to top Go down
https://we-bmx.forumotion.com/forum.htm
NigelThornberry
NigelThornberry

Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Rollin on fresh everything.   Rollin on fresh everything. I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 2:35 pm

Looks sick man, hell yea brakeless ftw! Hmm, I dont know how your bike is 22 pounds. Mines around the 23-22 pound range, and I have a pivotal seat, and some lighter parts.

But I love your bike Very Happy

Now go learn some sick stuff.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 447
Registration date : 2009-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Rollin on fresh everything.   Rollin on fresh everything. I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 2:39 pm

Super sexy!!!!!
Back to top Go down
https://we-bmx.forumotion.com
Vistagecko
Forum legend
Vistagecko

PostSubject: Re: Rollin on fresh everything.   Rollin on fresh everything. I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 4:03 pm

NigelThornberry wrote:
Looks sick man, hell yea brakeless ftw! Hmm, I dont know how your bike is 22 pounds. Mines around the 23-22 pound range, and I have a pivotal seat, and some lighter parts.

But I love your bike Very Happy

Now go learn some sick stuff.

I'd re-weigh your bike. I looked up your bike check and yours would have to be lighter than mine. I used a digital scale, so mine is perfect. I'm guessing your Tierra would be anywhere from high 19-low 21.

Thanks for the compliments guys! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
scholzee
scholzee

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Rollin on fresh everything.   Rollin on fresh everything. I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 8:37 pm

Lookin' good Vista. Looks street as.

To add to this weight debate, my bikes 10.8kg's which equals to about 23ish pounds, and I've got some light stuff on there.
Back to top Go down
bmxchris256
Forum legend
bmxchris256

Number of posts : 383
Registration date : 2009-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Rollin on fresh everything.   Rollin on fresh everything. I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 2:10 am

nice now go make a video of you riding it lol....what gear are you running 25 9?
Back to top Go down
Vistagecko
Forum legend
Vistagecko

PostSubject: Re: Rollin on fresh everything.   Rollin on fresh everything. I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 2:20 am

Yeah 25-9. I think I might upload a video sometime this week. We just found a (shitty) skatepark by my house.
Back to top Go down
poizone
poizone

Number of posts : 107

PostSubject: Re: Rollin on fresh everything.   Rollin on fresh everything. I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 2:59 am

The issue with weighing a bike on a standard scale is that when you step on, your foot position can vary the weight. My digital scale can vary the weight of myself by about 5lb, and thats just getting on and off, then back on. I usually weigh a couple of times and average them for my bike.
Back to top Go down
Vistagecko
Forum legend
Vistagecko

PostSubject: Re: Rollin on fresh everything.   Rollin on fresh everything. I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 3:08 am

The thing is, I had weighed at Spin. My local bike shop. They tested 20lb and 25lb weights to make sure it was working correctly. My bike is exactly 22.3 lbs.
Back to top Go down
poizone
poizone

PostSubject: Re: Rollin on fresh everything.   Rollin on fresh everything. I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 4:52 am

Have you put more tape on to hold your seat in yet? or is it still flying around on the half-inch of seatpost left?
Back to top Go down
Vistagecko
Forum legend
Vistagecko

PostSubject: Re: Rollin on fresh everything.   Rollin on fresh everything. I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 6:34 am

I pulled out my wallet and payed a whole $1.99 for some purple duct tape and re-did it. The seat is very firm. I might need some lighter tape though. It might be a whole ounce lighter than the duct tape I'm using now.
Back to top Go down
Brendan
Brendan

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2009-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Rollin on fresh everything.   Rollin on fresh everything. I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 11:40 am

looks nice vista
if you wanna get it real light
I'd suggest getting the eclat complex pc seat, you have to search eclat complex on dans to find it
then obiviously get rid of the stock parts
Back to top Go down
Vistagecko
Forum legend
Vistagecko

PostSubject: Re: Rollin on fresh everything.   Rollin on fresh everything. I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 11:44 am

My friend has the Eclat plastic seat. I could get it for free from him if I really wanted it. He cut his leg pretty bad on it and ever since it has been collecting dust. The same reason he got rid of his $100 fly ruben pedals for $20. If a part hurts him, he takes revenge by selling it cheap or giving it away.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 447
Registration date : 2009-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Rollin on fresh everything.   Rollin on fresh everything. I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 12:08 pm

Haha I would loosen up all of his parts and make his bike dangerous and pressure him into doing things he cant do Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
https://we-bmx.forumotion.com
poizone
poizone

PostSubject: Re: Rollin on fresh everything.   Rollin on fresh everything. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 6:00 am

We already pressure him. All he does is ride in circles while we do stuff. On his $700 bike with $700 in it.
Back to top Go down
Brendan
Brendan

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2009-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Rollin on fresh everything.   Rollin on fresh everything. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 6:44 am

ya the pc seat is nice, but the complex has a built in post, so no rails or anything,
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rollin on fresh everything.   Rollin on fresh everything. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rollin on fresh everything.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Show off :: Bike checks-
Jump to: