Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for riders of all levels.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

How to 180 to fakie.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 447
Registration date : 2009-01-05

How to 180 to fakie. Empty
PostSubject: How to 180 to fakie.   How to 180 to fakie. I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 1:19 pm

1.Fakie

Ok first things first it helps to know how to fakie.

A good thing to learn to fakie on is rolling up to a bank and fakieing down. It also works to do a little endo on a curb or wall and lean your weight back and fakie away.

Ok when you are fakeing you want to keep a smooth motion in your back pedal it should flow with the wheel. Also you dont want to lean over the bars you want to keep your weight in the back of your bike towards the seat and the tire. Make sure you are keeping the bike straight so you dont want to be going backwards all over the place so this means stay even with your toptube.

Ok so you fakeing out of your bank,curb,etc. Its time to turn out. This can get tricky ive always had problems with it and still do which is very sad. While you are going backwards you want to turn your bars the opposite way of the way you spin so if you spin to the left you turn out by turning your bars to the right and vice versa. Ok so you have turned your bars as soon as you turn your bars you will want to keep the motion going for a second or so and pick up your bars while turning out of it in the same direction you spin in and putting a bit of pedal pressure into it. There you have it you have turned out of a fakie and this takes lots of practice to get right.

2. 180

Ok so you need to learn how to do a 180 starting from a bank to progressing to flat 180,s to fakies.

Ok so the best thing to learn a 180 on is a bank.

So what you want to do is ride up to the bank. Then carve a little into the direction you spin. Then pull up your bars. This is where everything takes place in one smooth motion. Once you have pulled up the bars you want to turn your head back down into the bank and see where your going to land. When you do this you also want to turn your bars a bit also. Then you want to drop your shoulder down into the direction you are spinning. So if you spin to the left your left shoulder is going to be lower than the right. As you are doing this you also want to pull the back of the bike around with your abs which should be a smooth motion. So hopefully you have the 180 down. Now you want to keep practicing this till you get it 100%.

So the next step is to get the 180s closer to a straight line on the bank instead of a big u which means you want to land in the same spot you 180ed from. So to do this you want to pull the bars up a bit higher and carve a little less and drop your shoulder more and push the bike down back into the landing. A great way to learn how to keep them straight is to learn tire taps on the bank.

Ok now its time to learn how to 180 on flat. So what you want to do is go a little slower than jogging speed and pull the bars up a good height. Then you want to get your weight over them a bit and bring the bike under you while you are dropping your shoulder and turning you bars a bit and your head a bit. Now as soon as you land start to pedal backwards with the bike and get your weight to the back of the bike. Now your in fakie and turn out which you learned how to do above.

And remember practice practice practice.

If you are still having problems understanding a step or you need help with it please post.
Back to top Go down
https://we-bmx.forumotion.com
ČŠŢŘŐĻ
ČŠŢŘŐĻ

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: How to 180 to fakie.   How to 180 to fakie. I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 1:29 pm

should help alot of people admin
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How to 180 to fakie.   How to 180 to fakie. I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 1:30 pm

Im a helpfull person just like you castrol lol.

I should make a new how to everyday!!!!
Back to top Go down
bmxchris256
Forum legend
bmxchris256

Number of posts : 383
Registration date : 2009-01-26

PostSubject: Re: How to 180 to fakie.   How to 180 to fakie. I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 3:47 am

Admin wrote:
Im a helpfull person just like you castrol lol.

I should make a new how to everyday!!!!
damn everyday lol...we should have just a new one every week...ill make one on how to do hand rails....admin should do one on foot grinds lmao
Back to top Go down
ramtotherodder33
ramtotherodder33

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2009-03-19

PostSubject: thanks   How to 180 to fakie. I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 1:09 am

this helped me alot. i can get the rotation but i always take my foot off the pedal. how can i brake this habit?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How to 180 to fakie.   How to 180 to fakie. I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 1:12 am

Taking your foot off the pedal is usually a mental thing. I still do it on some things but it is usually do to not feeling comforatable with the rotation or your leaning in to much and off balance.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to 180 to fakie.   How to 180 to fakie. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How to 180 to fakie.
Page 1 of 1