Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for riders of all levels.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

How to 360

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 447
Registration date : 2009-01-05

How to 360 Empty
PostSubject: How to 360   How to 360 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 1:25 pm

Ok to start off a 360 is more of an intermediate trick that requires the basic knowledge of bike control.

If your going to be learning this trick you need to already know how to jump a ramp pretty well and have made your bike an extension of your body so you flow smoothly and dont ride like a stiffner. You will also need to know how to 180 ,and 180 pivot 360's help as well.

So the best thing to learn these on is a flyout jump like a box or a dirt tabletop or anything you can launch out of and land flat on.

This trick will take lots of practice but an understanding of it will help you learn it quicker than learning yourself. Remember dont stop trying this trick is a hard one to nail.

Ok so what you want to do is carve just a little bit before you launch out of the ramp you will be using this will help majorly in getting the momentum you need, but make sure you dont carve to much or you will most likely mess up on the jump or it also wont go quite as you expected it to.
So you have the carve down this will get you moving in the direction you will need to be going.

Now you have done the carve the next step is getting more rotation added by turning your head to where you can look at your shoulder or armpit. Also you want to bring the bars closer to your body so you are more in the front of the bike which also makes it easier to spin.

The next thing you want to do is spot your landing because remember you are looking behind you so you should be expecting your landing. So what you want to do is to start turning your head back so its looking straight ahead. As you are doing this you want to pull the bike back around for the rest of the rotation and get ready for the landing.

Ok heres a recap 1.Carve at the takeoff. 2.Jump as your carving and get to the front of the bike and drop one shoulder while looking through your armpit by turning your head as much as you can. 3.Spot your landing and get your head straightend back out and pull the bike around for the rest of the rotation which should be done at about 340 degrees.4 Land smooth and roll away.

Ok so heres a video of me doing a 360 1 hander which is all i have at the moment but this should give you a basic idea if you pause it at certain parts for the steps listed to see how your body head and bike should be.

Ok and when your learning this trick it is ok to pivot the rest of the rotation for the 360 so this means you can do a 340 and land on your back tire and follow through to the 360, but try land the full thing you dont want to be dependant on the pivot because i dont count it as a 360 and neither does mostly everyone else so hit the full thing then youve landed a 3. A little tip is to also try and push for something a little more than a 360 like a 390 if you cant get the full 360.

Remember practice practice practice and dont give up this can be a hard trick to learn so keep trying it over and over again till you get it right.
Back to top Go down
https://we-bmx.forumotion.com
pauly4sure
pauly4sure

Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2009-01-19

How to 360 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to 360   How to 360 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 2:34 pm

how long dose it take 2 learn u think i could get it down in 3 months>?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 447
Registration date : 2009-01-05

How to 360 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to 360   How to 360 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 9:59 am

It will take a long time pauly you have to get the 180 down first.
Back to top Go down
https://we-bmx.forumotion.com
Anthonyparkratyuh
Anthonyparkratyuh

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2009-02-13

How to 360 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to 360   How to 360 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 2:38 pm

wen u do big 360s dont carve at all
you'll die
or come close to it
look at yer back tire wen u go off the ramp too
Back to top Go down
bmxchris256
Forum legend
bmxchris256

Number of posts : 383
Registration date : 2009-01-26

How to 360 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to 360   How to 360 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 1:11 am

Anthonyparkratyuh wrote:
wen u do big 360s dont carve at all
you'll die
or come close to it
look at yer back tire wen u go off the ramp too

haha yeah i dont look at my back tire tho i just keep my head turned and look for my landing the hole way around
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

How to 360 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to 360   How to 360 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How to 360
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: BMX Central :: How to's-
Jump to: