Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for riders of all levels.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

brakes or brakeless

Go down 
+7
Anthonyparkratyuh
murderedoutkink
LucyJaneoxo
NigelThornberry
bmxchris256
MarauderdOutFBM
dareck
11 posters
AuthorMessage
dareck

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2009-02-08

brakes or brakeless Empty
PostSubject: brakes or brakeless   brakes or brakeless I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 2:23 pm

i ride brakeless now and i like it way better wat about u
Back to top Go down
MarauderdOutFBM
MarauderdOutFBM

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2009-02-13

PostSubject: Re: brakes or brakeless   brakes or brakeless I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 11:52 pm

hah i tried to ride brakeless yesterday and it was a little skechy...but when i get my new bike im gonna try it for a while....if i dont get killed by the drivers in my town (they suck like major donley ballz)
Back to top Go down
bmxchris256
Forum legend
bmxchris256

Number of posts : 383
Registration date : 2009-01-26

PostSubject: Re: brakes or brakeless   brakes or brakeless I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 10:35 am

it doesent do anything it doesent take off enough weight to matter and if you dont wanna use ur breaks just dont touch em...but next time you go flying out into the middle of the street and get hit by a car then ur gunna wish you had some breaks
Back to top Go down
NigelThornberry
NigelThornberry

Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: brakes or brakeless   brakes or brakeless I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 10:49 am

Nah I prefer the feel, and looks of brakeless. Brakeless helped me not pussy out on stuff because I pretty much cant stop lol. And I never had any problems with being brakeless.

BRAKELESS FTW NIGS
Back to top Go down
LucyJaneoxo
LucyJaneoxo

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2009-02-20

PostSubject: Re: brakes or brakeless   brakes or brakeless I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 7:31 am

i ride with one brake .. back brake but atm brakeless as its not working!!
Back to top Go down
bmxchris256
Forum legend
bmxchris256

Number of posts : 383
Registration date : 2009-01-26

PostSubject: Re: brakes or brakeless   brakes or brakeless I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 11:46 am

NigelThornberry wrote:
Nah I prefer the feel, and looks of brakeless. Brakeless helped me not pussy out on stuff because I pretty much cant stop lol. And I never had any problems with being brakeless.

BRAKELESS FTW NIGS

the breakless look looks good but it doesent feel any different other than you cant stop......
Back to top Go down
murderedoutkink
murderedoutkink

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2009-01-22

PostSubject: Re: brakes or brakeless   brakes or brakeless I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 6:31 am

Its all preference. Getting hit by a car has nothing to do with riding brakeless or not. If you can't ride brakeless....don't.
Back to top Go down
NigelThornberry
NigelThornberry

Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: brakes or brakeless   brakes or brakeless I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 1:25 pm

Yea trust me, it does. Ask anyone.
Back to top Go down
Anthonyparkratyuh
Anthonyparkratyuh

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2009-02-13

PostSubject: Re: brakes or brakeless   brakes or brakeless I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 9:07 am

BRAKELESS YUH!
Then i cant not commit half way up the ramp
Balls out i guess king
Back to top Go down
Skrimps

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2009-03-16

PostSubject: Re: brakes or brakeless   brakes or brakeless I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 9:33 am

I ride with brakes but I cant stand it when people are like ahh you suck cause you ride with breaks! Well maybe if you lived in a place with alot of hills an you like to go fast breaks is just the smartest thing. Cool if you dont ride breaks but one day there not gunna be there when you need them you know?
Back to top Go down
Vistagecko
Forum legend
Vistagecko

Number of posts : 395
Registration date : 2009-02-12

PostSubject: Re: brakes or brakeless   brakes or brakeless I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 9:49 am

My Gyro somehow got bent and was stuck on the rim. I couldn't loosen the screw so I popped the gyro off. Nigel is right, breakless does feel different. It feels almost more free. I don't know how to describe it, but I was so used to looking down and seeing a brake lever, and when it wasn't there it just gave the bike an entirely different feel.

Now of course I live in Ohio. Hills, hills, and hills. I decided to go down a steeper one in particular and what do you know, I couldn't stop. Now, I didn't get hit if that's where you think this is going. (I guarantee 9/10 people just stopped reading.) Just that feeling of insecurity freaked me out. Enough to go to the bike shop that night and drop $25 and 1 day of riding to get a straight cable installed. I'm still pissed about that.
Back to top Go down
https://we-bmx.forumotion.com/forum.htm
Skrimps

PostSubject: Re: brakes or brakeless   brakes or brakeless I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 1:05 pm

Haha, ive always rode with breaks but you wanna know why I always ride with breaks now? I was going up the biggest hill on my mountain bike and i started going down and guess what? The damn break snapped off, I was like damn...Im going down this big hill full speed on CONCRETE ima DIE! I ended up running into trashcans an had some horrible roadrash. Trashcans hurt...
Back to top Go down
Bonsai006

Number of posts : 8

PostSubject: Re: brakes or brakeless   brakes or brakeless I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 11:23 pm

Skrimps wrote:
Haha, ive always rode with breaks but you wanna know why I always ride with breaks now? I was going up the biggest hill on my mountain bike and i started going down and guess what? The damn break snapped off, I was like damn...Im going down this big hill full speed on CONCRETE ima DIE! I ended up running into trashcans an had some horrible roadrash. Trashcans hurt...

You didn't think to put your foot in the back tired to slow you down a bunch?
Back to top Go down
Skrimps

PostSubject: Re: brakes or brakeless   brakes or brakeless I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 7:06 am

Bonsai006 wrote:
Skrimps wrote:

You didn't think to put your foot in the back tired to slow you down a bunch?

I was going to fast, i thought I would endo
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 447
Registration date : 2009-01-05

PostSubject: Re: brakes or brakeless   brakes or brakeless I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 12:42 pm

endo on the back tire?
Back to top Go down
https://we-bmx.forumotion.com
Skrimps

PostSubject: Re: brakes or brakeless   brakes or brakeless I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 2:38 pm

Admin wrote:
endo on the back tire?
It happend to fast Idk what i was thinking haha. If i remember I think i was trying to stop but a car was coming so I had to move out the way an thats when I crashed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: brakes or brakeless   brakes or brakeless I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

brakes or brakeless
Page 1 of 1