Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for riders of all levels.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The off topic section

Go down 
+3
Nazsh
dareck
Vistagecko
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Vistagecko
Forum legend
Vistagecko

Number of posts : 395
Registration date : 2009-02-12

The off topic section Empty
PostSubject: The off topic section   The off topic section I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 9:30 am

Lately the off topic section has been getting out of hand. Pointless topic have been arising such as "cellphone topics", "whose online topics", "what kind of music you are listening to topics" etc. I have been letting many go lately, but, that stops now. This is a BMX forum. Talk BMX. If the moderation team feels that a topic is not appropriate or serves no purpose, it will be closed. End of story.

Think before you post. We encourage you all to find out more about each other, and become better friends, but seriously, take it up over PM or the chatbox. The last thing we need is a bandwidth overload, filled with non-BMX topics.

Bottom line: Think before you post. Post BMX related material.

Edit: To make this clear, the off topic section will remain as is. Off topic material is not being banished, just pointless questions, or topics that do not even remotely belong on a BMX forum. We encourage off topic discussions or sharing of useful ideas. Posting a topic that is asking what everyone's favorite shade of cat piss is, is an example of an inappropriate topic.

Inappropriate Example # 2- "What kind of carpet do you all have??!?!?!?!?!?" No one cares, why would you want to know, and if you did get results what do you plan on doing with them?

Appropriate Example #1- "Xbox live" "Does anyone have an xbox, and if so would you be interested in swapping gamertags, so we can play?" This is fine. A member was seeking information, in this case, other members gamertags, and with this information extending a hand of freindship.

If you are unclear of an appropriate topic, PM a moderator and get it checked out. I don't mean to sound so harsh, just trying to save some bandwith for BMX.

Last edited by Vistagecko on Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:45 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://we-bmx.forumotion.com/forum.htm
dareck

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2009-02-08

PostSubject: Re: The off topic section   The off topic section I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 9:35 am

-Insert gibberish here-
Back to top Go down
Vistagecko
Forum legend
Vistagecko

PostSubject: Re: The off topic section   The off topic section I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 9:54 am

Dareck, I did not single you out on purpose. I have nothing against you personally. I just took the topics off the top of my head. However, I will not tolerate direct verbal abuse, to myself or any other member of this forum.
Back to top Go down
dareck

PostSubject: Re: The off topic section   The off topic section I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 9:56 am

then let me state my point it is an off topic session so people can post wat ever they would like to talk about
Back to top Go down
Vistagecko
Forum legend
Vistagecko

PostSubject: Re: The off topic section   The off topic section I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 10:02 am

dareck wrote:
then let me state my point it is an off topic session so people can post wat ever they would like to talk about

Your response leads me to believe that you need to sharpen your reading and comprehension skills. I clearly stated, the off topic section will stay as is, and may still be used. I am just asking that the completely unnecessary topics are cut down. Most topics that will be closed, are topics that were created by other users out of boredom. Topics that are well thought out and have a point, will remain.
Back to top Go down
Nazsh
Nazsh

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2009-03-07

PostSubject: Re: The off topic section   The off topic section I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 10:04 am

Yea seriously though, Why make an OFF-TOPIC section if it has to require topics about BMX. Bmx stuff would go under BMx Discussion or other sections like that. This was purposely made to be off topic.

But I see your point. This is about bmxing so it shouldn't be random stuff unless it has something to do with bmx or something that is not pointless. Such as what is your favorite animal. That can be posted on some other forums.
Back to top Go down
dareck

PostSubject: Re: The off topic section   The off topic section I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 10:05 am

i know wat im talking about and i thought u said u wiil not tolerate verble abuse of any member some like the cellphone topic i posted was not out of boredom
Back to top Go down
dareck

PostSubject: Re: The off topic section   The off topic section I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 10:06 am

im not sure if your are agreeing with me nazsh but thank u
Back to top Go down
Nazsh
Nazsh

PostSubject: Re: The off topic section   The off topic section I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 10:09 am

I was agreeing with you, but I see Vista's point.
Back to top Go down
dareck

PostSubject: Re: The off topic section   The off topic section I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 10:10 am

i see his point i just dont agree with it
Back to top Go down
Vistagecko
Forum legend
Vistagecko

PostSubject: Re: The off topic section   The off topic section I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 10:11 am

Nazsh wrote:
Yea seriously though, Why make an OFF-TOPIC section if it has to require topics about BMX. Bmx stuff would go under BMx Discussion or other sections like that. This was purposely made to be off topic.

But I see your point. This is about bmxing so it shouldn't be random stuff unless it has something to do with bmx or something that is not pointless. Such as what is your favorite animal. That can be posted on some other forums.

Nazsh- I never said that the off topic section had to contain BMX material. I was strongly suggesting that members post about BMX in the BMX sections. Many members have a majority of their posts in off topic. I don't mind off topic discussions, or questions that require an answer that will be put to some use. But random topics like, 'what is your favorite animal' as you said, is irrelevant in every way possible to the site. Thank you for at least trying to understand my point.
Back to top Go down
dareck

PostSubject: Re: The off topic section   The off topic section I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 10:13 am

Vistagecko wrote:
Lately the off topic section has been getting out of hand. Pointless topic have been arising such as "cellphone topics", "whose online topics", "what kind of music you are listening to topics" etc. I have been letting many go lately, but, that stops now. This is a BMX forum. Talk BMX. If the moderation team feels that a topic is not appropriate or serves no purpose, it will be close. End of story.

Think before you post. We encourage you all to find out more about each other, and become better friends, but seriously, take it up over PM or the chatbox. The last thing we need is a bandwidth overload, filled with non-BMX topics.

Bottom line: Think before you post. Post BMX related material.

you basicaly did
Back to top Go down
Vistagecko
Forum legend
Vistagecko

PostSubject: Re: The off topic section   The off topic section I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 10:15 am

I'm sorry if I was unclear, I will edit the post.
Back to top Go down
dareck

PostSubject: Re: The off topic section   The off topic section I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 10:16 am

thank you that is all i wanted
Back to top Go down
Nazsh
Nazsh

PostSubject: Re: The off topic section   The off topic section I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 10:16 am

Yea I know..

"Think before you post. Post BMX related material."

"This is a BMX forum. Talk BMX."

"The last thing we need is a bandwidth overload, filled with non-BMX topics"

I'm pretty sure that is basically saying don't post anything that is not BMX related.
Back to top Go down
Nazsh
Nazsh

PostSubject: Re: The off topic section   The off topic section I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 10:20 am

Well, Actually if you do read the rules.. it does say don't post random crap to get your post count up..

So, I don't really know how that will tie in with Off-Topic threads..
Back to top Go down
dareck

PostSubject: Re: The off topic section   The off topic section I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 10:22 am

i dont know
Back to top Go down
Vistagecko
Forum legend
Vistagecko

PostSubject: Re: The off topic section   The off topic section I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 10:29 am

I was encouraging to post BMX related material, over, posting in off topic. This is after-all a BMX forum. BMX should be the dominant discussion. But anyway, I updated the first post, hopefully it is clearer now.
Back to top Go down
Nazsh
Nazsh

PostSubject: Re: The off topic section   The off topic section I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 10:32 am

Yea it's more clear now. I think you should sticky my Random Questions topic. It has to do with BMX and is kind of a get to know you thing.
Back to top Go down
Nazsh
Nazsh

PostSubject: Re: The off topic section   The off topic section I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 10:56 am

Dude.. here you go again.. That kid who posted the guitar thread should have not been deleted.

I do believe the under the Off Topic section the sub title says something about Talk about anything you like such as blah, blah, and music.

GUITARS have to do with music. Plus it doesn't violate any of the rules for this section. You need to lay off some of these topics. You wonder why people leave and shit because you start off by locking there threads. Then you start banning them for no fucking reason.

I don't mean to be rude but it's really annoying now. He wasn't even saying anything bad about guitars. He was trying to sell it. The classified section is only meant for bikes so this is a place where he could post it. I know this isn't the best spot to be selling that, but atleast he is trying to get some money and shit.

So, yeah.. just don't be a doosh.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 447
Registration date : 2009-01-05

PostSubject: Re: The off topic section   The off topic section I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 11:12 am

Yeah nazsh i agree. Vista you need to kind of lay off a bit i made the off topic section for just this reason this is a pretty relaxed forum and i let alot of stuff slide just aslong as they are not causing trouble or spamming a whole bunch when they have been told to kinda cool it. The nbr category is for just some general chat when you kinda want to get away from bmx a little bit.

But vista i think we should get the whole forum and try and come up with some good rules and get everyone along with eachother and get this place really awesome.

So i think we should make a thread and get everyones opinion and make this a democracy because right now me and you are really the only ones making the rules so i think it would be nice for everyone to get a say.
Back to top Go down
https://we-bmx.forumotion.com
bmxchris256
Forum legend
bmxchris256

Number of posts : 383
Registration date : 2009-01-26

PostSubject: Re: The off topic section   The off topic section I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 11:47 am

Well I think vista should have his status removed so he can't block topics
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 447
Registration date : 2009-01-05

PostSubject: Re: The off topic section   The off topic section I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 11:56 am

No guys thats a little serious i know you guys fight alot but really stop being a bunch of babies and we will work this out because we dont really have any set rules or anything.
Back to top Go down
https://we-bmx.forumotion.com
poizone
poizone

Number of posts : 107

PostSubject: Re: The off topic section   The off topic section I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 12:02 pm

I'm with Vista here. There are many Guitar forums out there. Many more than there are BMX. I see no reason for there to be guitar discussion here. Go find a better place for it. In a guitar forum, you'll also get more interested people.
Back to top Go down
dareck

PostSubject: Re: The off topic section   The off topic section I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 12:05 pm

well maybe people shouldnt have that power or privilage
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The off topic section   The off topic section I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The off topic section
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next