Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for riders of all levels.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The off topic section

Go down 
+3
Nazsh
dareck
Vistagecko
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
poizone
poizone

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2009-02-12

The off topic section - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The off topic section   The off topic section - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 12:07 pm

And we let little nooblets run loose, and have the forums over run by spam about v1agra and p3n1s 3nlarg3m3nt?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 447
Registration date : 2009-01-05

PostSubject: Re: The off topic section   The off topic section - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 12:07 pm

well the classified section is for bikes so its ok because im sure someone else on here might have a general interest in buying it from andy.

plus its the nbr and hes not spamming up the whole place.
Back to top Go down
https://we-bmx.forumotion.com
dareck

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2009-02-08

PostSubject: Re: The off topic section   The off topic section - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 12:11 pm

y did he not just close he always has a smart ass remark
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The off topic section   The off topic section - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 12:15 pm

idk dont worry though we never had any clear written rules and this is actually a good thing because now we as in everyone will make up the rules around here and post them up and follow them. Everything will be fixed though plus dont throw the full blame at vista because this is mainly my fault because i never specified what to moderate specifically. Vista has had previous forum moderation experience so once we get rules down everything will be good.
Back to top Go down
poizone
poizone

PostSubject: Re: The off topic section   The off topic section - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 12:16 pm

Because it's not courteous. If you close with no reason, it's like throwing someone's drink across the room while your all playing a game of apples to apples. It's just rude.

And where he comes from, all mods are pissy about stuff like this. And they leave comments like this all the time.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The off topic section   The off topic section - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 12:19 pm

Yeah i just got my email deleted and yahoo answers account deleted and i had no idea why and i would rather them just tell me a whole bunch of crap instead of telling me nothing.

Powers will be moderated though and i will try to make everyone as equal as possible.
Back to top Go down
poizone
poizone

PostSubject: Re: The off topic section   The off topic section - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 12:24 pm

It's probably cause you kept referring everyone here. It may have been considered spam.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The off topic section   The off topic section - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 12:41 pm

i dont know but im going to try and get everything fixed and i wish everyone else would refer people to here im working constantly on the content of this forum.
Back to top Go down
Nazsh
Nazsh

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2009-03-07

PostSubject: Re: The off topic section   The off topic section - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 1:53 pm

I wasn't really blamming everything on Vista. I do agree with this forum needing rules if it is going to be a active forums and if you don't want noobs coming in here and making it something else.

I was just trying to help Vista out with taking topics from the Off-Topic Section and getting them locked when there was no reason for it to be locked. There was no spam or flamming or anything. He was just trying to sell his guitar.

Rules would help this forum a lot and I am willing to help participate in that and get this forums actively running properly and people will then have a guideline on reasons why their thread was locked or if they have been ban. Also I think warnings would help a lot. People make mistakes. I mean come on. NO ONE is perfect. So if someone does something wrong, just give them a warning.

Once we get the rules up, then we can refer them to the rules and if they have a warning and keep things up.. well then there is no choice but to ban them or get rid of them.

Sorry for directing everything towards Vista on my previous post. I know things can be difficult and I was just trying to help this Off-Topic Section especially because this is where you can post anything that isn't against the rules.

If this was a specifically only BMX forums then this section shouldn't be available. But I don't think that would be a good idea. Just rules would help clarify it up and keep it running better. Hopefully anyways.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The off topic section   The off topic section - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 1:57 pm

Yeah i know your not blamming everything on vista but i probably would do the same thing. Plus he didnt ban andy. Also i put a thread up in suggestions and it would be great to get your input.
Back to top Go down
bmxchris256
Forum legend
bmxchris256

Number of posts : 383
Registration date : 2009-01-26

PostSubject: Re: The off topic section   The off topic section - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 1:45 am

i think that admin should be the only one able to lock topics and ban people seeing on how hes the site administrator
Back to top Go down
poizone
poizone

PostSubject: Re: The off topic section   The off topic section - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 4:17 am

That's just stupid. Think of a forum with hundreds of posts a day and thousands of members being patrolled by one person. I'd call that retarded.

FYI, I run a few forums, and it's a bitch to keep under control alone, with only a few whining members like yourselves. Get over it. You think gecko is bad, just try me out. I have little tolerence for "what the fuck does wtf mean" like topics. And then in the post they're like "O nvm i figurd itotu in teh titl."

And don't even think about double posting with me around. It's a warning, and next time you do it, a three day ban.
Back to top Go down
bmxchris256
Forum legend
bmxchris256

PostSubject: Re: The off topic section   The off topic section - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 4:23 am

well considering theres only like 50 people and a couple posts a day on here???
Back to top Go down
poizone
poizone

PostSubject: Re: The off topic section   The off topic section - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 4:34 am

I was mod on a site with 25 members and it had almost 30 posts per day. And when someone whined, we either tried to placate them or told them to shut up. The latter was if what they were whining about made no sense, or would hurt the community. We all have people we hate, but all you can do is deal with it. Just know that gecko is thinking with the good of the communities future in mind.
Back to top Go down
Vistagecko
Forum legend
Vistagecko

Number of posts : 395

PostSubject: Re: The off topic section   The off topic section - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 5:11 am

Wow this heated up fast. First I would like to say I misread the post. I read it as him bragging about how great his amp was, I didn't realize he was trying to sell it. I made a mistake, we're all human.

Now that I have re-read the thread, I still believe it doesn't belong here. If I had allowed it to stay, it most likely wouldn't have sold. We just don't have the user community to sell bike parts, yet alone equipment involved in other hobbies.

Lastly, my 'smart ass comments' that I post after closing a topic are common courtesy. Had I not posted that, the original poster would not have realized his mistake. Closing a topic with no reasoning behind it, it just a douche move.
Back to top Go down
https://we-bmx.forumotion.com/forum.htm
Nazsh
Nazsh

PostSubject: Re: The off topic section   The off topic section - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 5:19 am

Alright, first of all fuck all of you dooshes like bmxchris and fucking dareck or whatever. They just make situations worse. I was just stating out that you being a little rough on what should be pnsted and what shouldn't be. I know people get bored as hell and want to do something so they start posting random shit that doesn't need to be on here. That post I would have called the limit. Other posts were worse then his and you didn't lock any of those.

I don't know. I'm just going to stay out of it, since I have not had a post that has been removed or anything and it's none of my business.
Back to top Go down
dareck

PostSubject: Re: The off topic section   The off topic section - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 8:31 am

me and bmxchris are some of the sensible members unlike nazsh and vistagecko
Back to top Go down
Vistagecko
Forum legend
Vistagecko

PostSubject: Re: The off topic section   The off topic section - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 8:48 am

Stop bitching about the rules. Admin and myself are working on them. I'm tired of reading 'whos the better member shit.' This topic was an announcement of changes to the off topic section. It is not a discussion.
Back to top Go down
dareck

PostSubject: Re: The off topic section   The off topic section - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 8:51 am

if it was an anouncment use the anouncment section
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The off topic section   The off topic section - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 8:51 am

k guys we just need to get back to normal everyone kiss and make up.
Back to top Go down
bmxchris256
Forum legend
bmxchris256

PostSubject: Re: The off topic section   The off topic section - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 9:51 am

Nazsh wrote:
Alright, first of all fuck all of you dooshes like bmxchris and fucking dareck or whatever. They just make situations worse. I was just stating out that you being a little rough on what should be pnsted and what shouldn't be. I know people get bored as hell and want to do something so they start posting random shit that doesn't need to be on here. That post I would have called the limit. Other posts were worse then his and you didn't lock any of those.

I don't know. I'm just going to stay out of it, since I have not had a post that has been removed or anything and it's none of my business.
How do u get off calling me a doosh dip shit I can hate on the amp kid all I want he's my bro...
Back to top Go down
Vistagecko
Forum legend
Vistagecko

PostSubject: Re: The off topic section   The off topic section - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 9:58 am

Everyone that posted after I said this is not a discussion, excluding Admin, is now officially on my shit list. Congratulations, they're selling shirts.

The off topic section - Page 2 Stop_posting_cat
This about sums up how I feel right now. Follow the LOLcat's advice.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The off topic section   The off topic section - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 10:16 am

Hey everyone stop being faggots or i will drop everyones post count to zero and make poizone my right hand man lol.

Seriousley though you guys are being real immature just cut it out please. I feel like a father that is telling his kids to quit fighting then im like your grounded all of you. From here on no one posts anything about anyone else unless its nice.
Back to top Go down
Nazsh
Nazsh

PostSubject: Re: The off topic section   The off topic section - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 11:00 am

Nice cat.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The off topic section   The off topic section - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 11:02 am

wow really lol that is funny to me but you have guts nazsh i have to give it to you you had the nerve to come and say something and you said nice cat out of all words lol lol. What am i going to do you guys are so retarded i swear.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The off topic section   The off topic section - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The off topic section
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next