Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for riders of all levels.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Street tire reveiw?

Go down 
+2
Admin
Vistagecko
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Vistagecko
Forum legend
Vistagecko

Number of posts : 395
Registration date : 2009-02-12

Street tire reveiw? Empty
PostSubject: Street tire reveiw?   Street tire reveiw? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 8:56 am

If someone could post a review of a front tire that will be good for street and will hold up against curbs/grinding, it would be much appreciated.

Last edited by Vistagecko on Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://we-bmx.forumotion.com/forum.htm
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 447
Registration date : 2009-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Street tire reveiw?   Street tire reveiw? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 12:04 pm

Shadow undertaker even though its dirt it has bigger sidewalls so it wont tear. Cant really review it because its so awesome and if i ever need another i will get it.
Back to top Go down
https://we-bmx.forumotion.com
Vistagecko
Forum legend
Vistagecko

PostSubject: Re: Street tire reveiw?   Street tire reveiw? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 1:22 pm

I'm thinking about running another Animal GLH in front. Would you prefer a Shadow undertaker over an Animal GLH?
Back to top Go down
bmxchris256
Forum legend
bmxchris256

Number of posts : 383
Registration date : 2009-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Street tire reveiw?   Street tire reveiw? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 5:39 am

Vistagecko wrote:
I'm thinking about running another Animal GLH in front. Would you prefer a Shadow undertaker over an Animal GLH?
id say get the animal GLH folding its an awsome tired and really sticky for the front thats what i run and iv ben running it for about 5 months and its only a little bit worn and iv only got one flat with its...its also pretty good for dirt to
Back to top Go down
Vistagecko
Forum legend
Vistagecko

PostSubject: Re: Street tire reveiw?   Street tire reveiw? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 6:30 am

What's the difference between the Animal GLH folding tire and the regular Animal GLH?
Back to top Go down
bmxchris256
Forum legend
bmxchris256

PostSubject: Re: Street tire reveiw?   Street tire reveiw? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 7:20 am

one folds the othere doesent lol....the folding is ligheter and it is more puncture resistant and the folding lasts longer
Back to top Go down
scholzee
scholzee

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Street tire reveiw?   Street tire reveiw? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 6:54 pm

I've torn holes in my GLH's. They are shit as.
Rubens or ASMs or Fit FAF.
Back to top Go down
bmxchris256
Forum legend
bmxchris256

PostSubject: Re: Street tire reveiw?   Street tire reveiw? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 3:20 am

scholzee wrote:
I've torn holes in my GLH's. They are shit as.
Rubens or ASMs or Fit FAF.

wtf are you doing to ur tire??? i run the animal GLH folding for about 6 or 7 months and theres no wear on it i ride street almost everyday dirt every day and alot of park and have had one flat with it and now other problems
Back to top Go down
scholzee
scholzee

PostSubject: Re: Street tire reveiw?   Street tire reveiw? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 8:32 pm

It's all about sliders and sketchy gay chaddy ass ledges that have rough gay spots that cut into your tire then go boom when you do a massdog smith.

Thats what happened to the last GLH I had. They have weak sidewalls.
Back to top Go down
bmxchris256
Forum legend
bmxchris256

PostSubject: Re: Street tire reveiw?   Street tire reveiw? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 12:24 am

well then its not the tire its the shit ur riding on
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 447
Registration date : 2009-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Street tire reveiw?   Street tire reveiw? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 12:46 am

No its the tire because tires with bigger sidewalls should be able to handle that stuff.
Back to top Go down
https://we-bmx.forumotion.com
bmxchris256
Forum legend
bmxchris256

PostSubject: Re: Street tire reveiw?   Street tire reveiw? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 7:22 am

Admin wrote:
No its the tire because tires with bigger sidewalls should be able to handle that stuff.
its got a desent size side wall iv been rocken that tire sence about christmas and have had no problems with it
Back to top Go down
Brendan
Brendan

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2009-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Street tire reveiw?   Street tire reveiw? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 11:34 am

my friend has the GLH i ride his bike alot
and I live on dirt roads, it hold up well and next to no wear
Back to top Go down
bmxchris256
Forum legend
bmxchris256

PostSubject: Re: Street tire reveiw?   Street tire reveiw? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 12:10 pm

yeah...i ride dirt all the time with it and it doesent ever wash out or nothing
Back to top Go down
scholzee
scholzee

PostSubject: Re: Street tire reveiw?   Street tire reveiw? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 8:14 pm

Yeah, but thats you. I don't ride like you and you don't ride like me. I don't find the tyres that good to be quite honest.

Just straight up I'll give you a review right now on some tyres.
Fly Rubens.
Durability: 9/10
Strong tyre. Tread was thick. Both tyres lasted me over a year. Strong sidewalls. Handled abuse pretty easy. I slider out of fakies basically all the time so the tread on the front held up pretty nice.

Fit FAF.
Haven't busted these bad boys yet. Had 'em for about 2 months. Treads thick. But then again I've got the Monster 2.25's. No tread wear as of yet. Very grippy.

Theres 2 for ya Vista.
Back to top Go down
Vistagecko
Forum legend
Vistagecko

PostSubject: Re: Street tire reveiw?   Street tire reveiw? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 5:34 am

Thank you for finally posting a Review scholzee. It's refreshing to have someone follow instructions instead of doing what I originally posted not to do.
Back to top Go down
BMX.Jarrod
BMX.Jarrod

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2009-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Street tire reveiw?   Street tire reveiw? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 6:27 pm

some 1 please help me:
what tyre / size should i get. i was thinking fly ruben or animal asm&glh or fit faf tyre but i dont know what sizes. its for my street/park bike and i dont know what size to get. frount & rear????

thank you
Back to top Go down
bmxchris256
Forum legend
bmxchris256

PostSubject: Re: Street tire reveiw?   Street tire reveiw? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 3:06 am

BMX.Jarrod wrote:
some 1 please help me:
what tyre / size should i get. i was thinking fly ruben or animal asm&glh or fit faf tyre but i dont know what sizes. its for my street/park bike and i dont know what size to get. frount & rear????

thank you
probably a 1.95 or a 2.10 for the back and same for the front a 2.10 is wider...id say get the animal glh folding...also iv heard alot of good things about the rubens
Back to top Go down
BMX.Jarrod
BMX.Jarrod

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2009-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Street tire reveiw?   Street tire reveiw? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 8:09 pm

bmxchris256 wrote:
BMX.Jarrod wrote:
some 1 please help me:

thank you
probably a 1.95 or a 2.10 for the back and same for the front a 2.10 is wider...id say get the animal glh folding...also iv heard alot of good things about the rubens

i was thinking now getting fly ruben 2.25 front and fit faf 2.10 rear or animal asm 2.10 rear? would this be any good for street bmx and some park? what would u reccomend?
Back to top Go down
bmxchris256
Forum legend
bmxchris256

PostSubject: Re: Street tire reveiw?   Street tire reveiw? I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 12:38 am

sounds good iv never riden the asm tho i have the glh folding and its super grippy and all the local parks i go to are always slippery a 2.25 is kinka big but i dont see y it wouldent work for park or street...i cant run 2.25 tires cuz they dont fit in my chain stays and forks they rub on the frame
Back to top Go down
scholzee
scholzee

PostSubject: Re: Street tire reveiw?   Street tire reveiw? I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 8:14 am

If your getting Fit FAF's don't get anything under 2.25. The tread is super thick on 2.25. Under 2.25's are smaller thinner tread. No go zone.

If you were goin' a good tyre combo. 2 2.25 Fly Rubens. Nice tyre they are. Sturdy, tough sidewalls. Or 2 2.25 Fit FAF's. I'm running these bad boys now. Thick tread and fast rolling. Or get 2 ASMs.
Back to top Go down
bmxchris256
Forum legend
bmxchris256

PostSubject: Re: Street tire reveiw?   Street tire reveiw? I_icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 9:27 am

dont run an asm in the front....id recomend the fly ruben for a front tire or a duo stunner folding
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Street tire reveiw?   Street tire reveiw? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Street tire reveiw?
Page 1 of 1