Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for riders of all levels.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

weight of my bike.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
LucyJaneoxo
LucyJaneoxo

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2009-02-20

weight of my bike. Empty
PostSubject: weight of my bike.   weight of my bike. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 12:47 am

hi my bike is a 15.6Kg X-Rated Hustle BMX Boys Bike is that good or too heavy? its from halfords

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_264647_langId_-1_categoryId_205251

go on that ^^

i have also got another bike but its not that good ill find out what it is and the weight and that...

but i need help on this xrated one.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 447
Registration date : 2009-01-05

weight of my bike. Empty
PostSubject: Re: weight of my bike.   weight of my bike. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 3:41 am

k if you have anything plastic on their still like reflectors or a chainguard or anything that doesnt have a purpose you should get rid of. Also im not sure if your seat is that high but your seat should go as low as it can. So that being said their is a bunch of extra metal on the seatpost not being used. So get a hacksaw or dremel and cut it down a bit. Going breakless would also save you a ton of weight considering they dont work and they are a pain to adjust and you can always put them back on.

You can also saw your axles down to the bolt and take an inch or two off the ends of your bars.
Back to top Go down
https://we-bmx.forumotion.com
bmxchris256
Forum legend
bmxchris256

Number of posts : 383
Registration date : 2009-01-26

weight of my bike. Empty
PostSubject: Re: weight of my bike.   weight of my bike. I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 3:06 am

Admin wrote:
k if you have anything plastic on their still like reflectors or a chainguard or anything that doesnt have a purpose you should get rid of. Also im not sure if your seat is that high but your seat should go as low as it can. So that being said their is a bunch of extra metal on the seatpost not being used. So get a hacksaw or dremel and cut it down a bit. Going breakless would also save you a ton of weight considering they dont work and they are a pain to adjust and you can always put them back on.

You can also saw your axles down to the bolt and take an inch or two off the ends of your bars.

breakless doesent save enough weight to make a difference
Back to top Go down
murderedoutkink
murderedoutkink

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2009-01-22

weight of my bike. Empty
PostSubject: Re: weight of my bike.   weight of my bike. I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 3:27 am

bmxchris256 wrote:

wrong. everything adds up in the end. Otherwise what would be the point of weight reduction...
Not to mention I lost 1 lbs from my brake removal.
Back to top Go down
bmxchris256
Forum legend
bmxchris256

Number of posts : 383
Registration date : 2009-01-26

weight of my bike. Empty
PostSubject: Re: weight of my bike.   weight of my bike. I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 5:13 am

murderedoutkink wrote:
bmxchris256 wrote:

wrong. everything adds up in the end. Otherwise what would be the point of weight reduction...
Not to mention I lost 1 lbs from my brake removal.
dame then you had some heavy ass breaks yeah it adds up but if ur just going breakless to save weight in doesent really make a difference unless ur really weak
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

weight of my bike. Empty
PostSubject: Re: weight of my bike.   weight of my bike. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

weight of my bike.
Page 1 of 1