Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for riders of all levels.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Weight of a bike ?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Killswitch

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-03-06

Weight of a bike ? Empty
PostSubject: Weight of a bike ?   Weight of a bike ? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 8:58 am

Yea, I'm another noob to BMX, but I really want to get into it. I have an old "Ozone 500 Rip Curl" it seems to weigh a ton! I've been trying to bunny hop but I can't get more than my front wheel up. I've seen the instructional videos and the How to's but I still can't get the back wheel off the ground. Any way I was wondering does the weight of your bike affect your tricks? Also the handlebars seem kinda wide to me. Please help.
Back to top Go down
Vistagecko
Forum legend
Vistagecko

Number of posts : 395
Registration date : 2009-02-12

Weight of a bike ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weight of a bike ?   Weight of a bike ? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 9:03 am

Um, yes weight is probably the second most significant variable in affecting your tricks. Skill/experience being the #1 factor. If the handle bars are too wide for you, cut them down. Now to do this right, first take off the grips. Second grab a pair of pipe cutters and take 1/2 in.- 1 in. off each side until you are happy. Replace grips, and you have shorter bars, hurray!
Back to top Go down
https://we-bmx.forumotion.com/forum.htm
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 447
Registration date : 2009-01-05

Weight of a bike ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weight of a bike ?   Weight of a bike ? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 10:00 am

Yes as vistagecko said. Weight does come in a little bit and make it harder but you can still ride almost the same. I took a crappy bike that was really heavy and bunnyhopped up into a feeble and bent the axles then i launched it straight up a quarter pipe and demolished it lol.

I think your bars might be closer to your body and not straight up so that can have an effect on your bunnyhop.
Back to top Go down
https://we-bmx.forumotion.com
cody200694

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2009-03-30

Weight of a bike ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weight of a bike ?   Weight of a bike ? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 10:10 am

is it true that to help bunny hopping is to parallel my bar and my fork? Some biker i met told me that and it helps but i dont know if this is true?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Weight of a bike ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weight of a bike ?   Weight of a bike ? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Weight of a bike ?
Page 1 of 1