Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for riders of all levels.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

help with bunnyhop?

Go down 
+2
Admin
shubbyalert
6 posters
AuthorMessage
shubbyalert

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2009-02-21

help with bunnyhop? Empty
PostSubject: help with bunnyhop?   help with bunnyhop? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 11:14 am

alright! I'm finally on my first bmx bike with the intention to learn some tricks. I've been out for the last two or three weeks with some messed up- knees and elbows but i think I'm good enough to try my hand at a few basic stunts. I'm trying the bunnyhop right now and i think i've got 1/3 of it down. cheers
I was instructed to split into three parts first so correct me if im wrong.
1.) shift my center of gravity back and let that momentum lift my front wheel up
2.) give a small bounce off of the back wheel and (somehow) bring the back wheel up
3.) carry the bike up and tuck my legs in to get maximum height, then straighten out and land on the back wheel

is that how you do it?
I've just started today and i can do the lean back and lift the front part. Sometimes i pull too hard with one arm and my front wheel turns and i spin out of control. But for the most part, I can lift it up pretty decently. I just don't know how to lift the back part up. Any help or advice?
Question
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 447
Registration date : 2009-01-05

PostSubject: Re: help with bunnyhop?   help with bunnyhop? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 11:19 am

Yes the center of gravity part is right but im a little iffy on some of the other things. If you didn't get a clear message out of the how to bunnyhop thats fine. Basically the three or four parts are this.

1. Crouch down.
2. lean back and pull up the front tire.
3. Once the front tire is up straighten your arms out and your legs to push the bike out in front instead of down.

it will all be one smooth motion of crouching down then pulling up and pushing out. You can kind of lift with your legs also.
Back to top Go down
https://we-bmx.forumotion.com
shubbyalert

PostSubject: Re: help with bunnyhop?   help with bunnyhop? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 11:29 am

when i try to do that, i just push the bike out as it is.
its at an angle, only now its moving up and forward instead of just up.
how do i lift with my legs if both my feet and the peddles are parallel to each other?
Back to top Go down
Vistagecko
Forum legend
Vistagecko

Number of posts : 395
Registration date : 2009-02-12

PostSubject: Re: help with bunnyhop?   help with bunnyhop? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 11:34 am

Hey good to see you back...you haven't posted in a while.

I finally got my bunnyhop where I want it to be. I'll post a How to video as soon as the damn snow clears up. 65 degrees and sunny yesterday, today snow flurries. Damn Cleveland weather.

Anyway, a video should clear a lot of confusion up, a lot of people seem to have trouble with their bunnyhops.

Last edited by Vistagecko on Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://we-bmx.forumotion.com/forum.htm
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 447
Registration date : 2009-01-05

PostSubject: Re: help with bunnyhop?   help with bunnyhop? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 11:39 am

Another helpfull tip is to think of a skateboard ollie. Its basically the same concept.
Back to top Go down
https://we-bmx.forumotion.com
shubbyalert

PostSubject: Re: help with bunnyhop?   help with bunnyhop? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 3:09 pm

well i can ollie
but my only problem thus far is actually lifting the back side
i have no grip on the rear side, unlike a skateboard.
i now know why people invented clipless pedals....
but how do you lift it up? do you squeeze the frame with your knees and tuck your legs under or something?
Back to top Go down
murderedoutkink
murderedoutkink

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2009-01-22

PostSubject: Re: help with bunnyhop?   help with bunnyhop? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 8:21 am

sound like you need to work on the suck up of your legs as high as you can when you jump. And MANHANDLE THE BIKE FORWARD to level out. I had alot of trouble at first with this. You gotta really put all your power into it. It will get much easier as you gain strength from riding. But the technique is most important. Remember how ever high you pull the front tire up is about how high you will bunnyhop if you suck up correctly. Ill try and make a video and post it.
Back to top Go down
Burnzy385
Burnzy385

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-05-07

PostSubject: Re: help with bunnyhop?   help with bunnyhop? I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 5:50 am

I am like shubby when it comes to the bunny hop. I've been working hard and i finally got the back tire off the ground when trying. before i could only get my front wheel off. any tips on getting height? i can only get 3 inches off the ground =/
Back to top Go down
bmxchris256
Forum legend
bmxchris256

Number of posts : 383
Registration date : 2009-01-26

PostSubject: Re: help with bunnyhop?   help with bunnyhop? I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 5:52 am

Burnzy385 wrote:
I am like shubby when it comes to the bunny hop. I've been working hard and i finally got the back tire off the ground when trying. before i could only get my front wheel off. any tips on getting height? i can only get 3 inches off the ground =/

your only gunna go as high as you pull your front tire up so pull up about as high as you wanna go then pretty much just jump and bring your knees up tords you
Back to top Go down
Burnzy385
Burnzy385

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-05-07

PostSubject: Re: help with bunnyhop?   help with bunnyhop? I_icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 7:02 am

thank you very much. I tried what you said and i am jumping 3 times as higher. =)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: help with bunnyhop?   help with bunnyhop? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

help with bunnyhop?
Page 1 of 1