Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for riders of all levels.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

How to bunnyhop

Go down 
+2
bmxchris256
Admin
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 447
Registration date : 2009-01-05

How to bunnyhop Empty
PostSubject: How to bunnyhop   How to bunnyhop I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 12:13 pm

If you are getting into bmx this is the most important trick you can learn it is the basis of almost every trick.

Ok a bunnyhop is when you pull your front tire off of the ground followed by the back tire without the use of a ramp.

To do a bunnyhop it is best to approach this trick with a moderate speed.

The next step is to roll along and pull up the front tire.

This is where it can get complicated because a bunnyhop is not only done with the brute strength of your arms.

After you have pulled up the front tire you want to push the bike out in front of you NOT DOWN while pulling the back end up with your feet. Remember you are picking the back end up while pushing the bike out in front of you. Then you land flat and roll away.

Okay so the motion is pull up and push out remember pull up and push out.

So you are probably wondering how you pick the back end up with your feet. To pick up the back end it is a similar motion to a jump. You bend your knees and pop up but your not trying to jump off the pedals you are trying to keep the scoop motion of what a bunnhop should feel like. So your feet should be planted on the pedals and they should stay on by themselves if they are not your doing something wrong. So bend your knees and pop out with a slight catch of the pedals.

A common mistake is to just use your arms for bunnyhops. So learn how to use your feet in them and practice practice practice.

Last edited by Admin on Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://we-bmx.forumotion.com
bmxchris256
Forum legend
bmxchris256

Number of posts : 383
Registration date : 2009-01-26

How to bunnyhop Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to bunnyhop   How to bunnyhop I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 2:02 am

why dont you just post a how to video it would be alot easier to explain stuff in a video then typing it
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

How to bunnyhop Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to bunnyhop   How to bunnyhop I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 2:03 am

I will probably embed some videos later. But its nice to have typing also
Back to top Go down
Vistagecko
Forum legend
Vistagecko

Number of posts : 395
Registration date : 2009-02-12

How to bunnyhop Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to bunnyhop   How to bunnyhop I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 10:13 am

An alternative way to bunny hop I have found useful for newer riders.

Pegs are needed. Stand on the pegs, speed doesn't matter here. Grip the frame with your feet and simply jump. Bam, bunny hop.

I can post a video if need be, but its a pretty simple concept.

Not trying to tell, you your wrong, or anything like that, just an alternative. This method only works on the ground. It's going to be hard to jump onto your pegs in mid-ramp. So his method is still obviously worth learning.

I have always had trouble getting more than 4-5 in. off the pedals, so I will have to try this. I always have pulled just the handle bars. This helps mucho.
Back to top Go down
https://we-bmx.forumotion.com/forum.htm
Admin
Admin
Admin

How to bunnyhop Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to bunnyhop   How to bunnyhop I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 10:19 am

Yeah your thinking of the classic bunnyhop but you cant do nearly as much with the old way of just pulling the bike up you can get like 1 foot max the way that i explained is for like 5 feet.
Back to top Go down
Anthonyparkratyuh
Anthonyparkratyuh

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2009-02-13

How to bunnyhop Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to bunnyhop   How to bunnyhop I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 2:34 pm

I used to like pull my feet off the pedals wen i learned em
but eventually i got them to stay on
u hold on alot more with your feet than u realize
king Yuh
Back to top Go down
Nazsh
Nazsh

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2009-03-07

How to bunnyhop Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to bunnyhop   How to bunnyhop I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 4:03 am

I don't really get how you lift up with your feet.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

How to bunnyhop Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to bunnyhop   How to bunnyhop I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 5:29 am

When you crouch and get up quickly when you pull up it kind of gets you to lift the bike with your feet.
Back to top Go down
Nazsh
Nazsh

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2009-03-07

How to bunnyhop Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to bunnyhop   How to bunnyhop I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 5:32 am

I watched a lot of videos, I think I understand but haven't gotten a chance to get out because of the rain.

But, does it matter with what part of your foot you use?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

How to bunnyhop Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to bunnyhop   How to bunnyhop I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 5:46 am

nope
Back to top Go down
nickoz

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2009-03-09

How to bunnyhop Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to bunnyhop   How to bunnyhop I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 8:11 am

hey this is really helpful! Today I went outside and tried to do a bunny hop with my crappy old bike. Its not even a BMX bike but its good for practice until I get a BMX bike. But anyway, all I could do was get the front tires off, and I thought I had to push the whole bike up. But you made it clear when you said you have to jump forward or whatever. Next chance I get I'll try this out.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

How to bunnyhop Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to bunnyhop   How to bunnyhop I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 8:49 am

yeah make sure you bend down,pull up and push the bike out away from you sort of like an ollie on a skateboard.
Back to top Go down
nickoz

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2009-03-09

How to bunnyhop Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to bunnyhop   How to bunnyhop I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 8:59 am

yeah i will have to try that. becuase i was trying to lift the entire bike with my arms push it straight up in the air. and that wasnt working to well. :p
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

How to bunnyhop Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to bunnyhop   How to bunnyhop I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How to bunnyhop
Page 1 of 1