Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for riders of all levels.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

How to manual

Go down 
+3
pauly4sure
NigelThornberry
Admin
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 447
Registration date : 2009-01-05

How to manual Empty
PostSubject: How to manual   How to manual I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 10:30 am

Ok for starters a manual is when you balance on your back wheel and use momentum to move instead of pedaling like a wheelie.

To do a manual you will want to be riding at a good speed probably a little faster than jogging.

Then what you want to do next is the manual itself.

While you are riding along you will want to have your arms relaxed then you need to pull up the bars while leaning back. Keep your arms locked straight out in front of you. You will need to get your butt behind the seat because that is where your center of gravity is and that is how you stay balanced. You can also use your legs to keep going by using momentum this is called pumping.

Some of the common problems for manuals are not being able to get the front end up. The reason you are probably not getting the front end up is because you are mainly using your arms. About 80% of a manual is done by using your body weight and legs your arms are just used to get the front end up so your weight transfers to the back tire.

Another common problem is the bike leaning to the side and you end up putting your foot down. The reason you are leaning like this is because you are not even with the toptube of the bike and you are not looking in front of you.

Some people also have a problem with flipping the bike over this usually happens due to them leaning back to much. Remember you want to stay right behind the seat and just above the tire and also dont lean back super fast pull up while leaning back in one smooth motion.

Tips:Keep your arms straight when you are in the manual and your knees bent.
Your hands should be about eye level when the manual is going.
To turn a manual turn the bars a little while leaning the toptube.
Practice,practice,practice

If you have any more questions or I didnt explain clearly enough pleas post below.
Back to top Go down
https://we-bmx.forumotion.com
NigelThornberry
NigelThornberry

Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2009-01-19

How to manual Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to manual   How to manual I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 3:35 am

wow good post
Back to top Go down
pauly4sure
pauly4sure

Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2009-01-19

How to manual Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to manual   How to manual I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 2:18 pm

thank you so much for this post it helped so much afro jocolor pauly4sure jocolor afro
Back to top Go down
Anthonyparkratyuh
Anthonyparkratyuh

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2009-02-13

How to manual Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to manual   How to manual I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 2:41 pm

i suck at these
but i got them down alot better than i used to
king Yuh
Back to top Go down
cody200694

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2009-03-30

How to manual Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to manual   How to manual I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 9:18 am

i can manual like, 2 seconds and go about a foot. I stopped because when i first started biking i was park and when i manualed i took some bad falls on my back. And anyways could u post a video to help lol
Back to top Go down
poizone
poizone

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2009-02-12

How to manual Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to manual   How to manual I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 9:39 am

Thanks to you, I just got three seconds in. Twice.
Back to top Go down
cody200694

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2009-03-30

How to manual Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to manual   How to manual I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 9:46 am

yes i can do it better now. except i leaned back to far and my seat almost raped me. Thanks for posting this!
Back to top Go down
Vistagecko
Forum legend
Vistagecko

Number of posts : 395
Registration date : 2009-02-12

How to manual Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to manual   How to manual I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 10:25 am

I can manual 20-25ft. consistently. I'm not sure how that measures up to some of you better riders, but I could post a video if it will help.

Also if you lean too far back, and you bail, push the bike in front of you. Your seat shouldn't touch you if you have it slammed and you push the bike.
Back to top Go down
https://we-bmx.forumotion.com/forum.htm
Sponsored content

How to manual Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to manual   How to manual I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How to manual
Page 1 of 1